Small pauses since hotfix 6

I think that the setting “Offscreen Terrain Precaching” is a step in the right direction, my sim is more smoothness now and the paned views have more stable FPS. How ever, I noticed that I have small pauses apparently to load something. Someone of VR pilots have the same issue?, is there any recomentadation to avoind these pauses?

2 Likes

I have the same, it started with the most recent hotfix several days ago. G2 on a 3080Ti. For full disclosure, I had offscreen precashing on already before the hotfix using an edit to the config file. Like the OP I’m asking if anyone has any recommendations…

2 Likes

I’m experiencing the same with an Index (SteamVR, 3080ti, i9-9900k, 32gb ram), no matter on which setting the offset precaching is. Those tiny pauses didn’t happen before and the rest of the sim is smooth. Didn’t find an option that improves this behavior so far…
Whithin those pauses, the steamvr graph is just showing a gap,
no frames rendered for about half a second - but also no activity on the drives (running msfs on a nvme), which was what I expected first.

1 Like

I get stutters when looking around, if that’s the same thing. I’ve only used VR for a couple weeks. Seems to be a systemwide thing, even music or other things happening on my pc outside of MSFS will stutter at the same time. Makes me think it could be CPU related?

1 Like

The micro stutters still there, but this is different, the sim have a little pauses I think to load scenery or something else, even the sand watch appears in the headset some times during longer pauses. Maybe some memory leak. I have 32 MB of RAM and the rolling cache active with 10 Gb.

2 Likes

I hope you meant 32 GB :rofl:

I now have it too. I’m thinking maybe related to ms servers?

I had terrific smoothness around WU6 release and after hotfix, I’ve changed nothing since. It’s a real pain if we’ve got to count on the server’s reliability/performance and MS can’t keep it consistent (if that’s what is actually causing it)

maybe captain Picard says “divert all power from Office 365 and Teams to MSFS servers” every time an update is released so we all get excited with smooth fps, then pumps it back into 365 and Teams a few days later :wink:

:rofl: thanks for the clarificaction.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.