Smaller and colored nameplates for traffic (Updated 2022-03-04)

Is there a way to add further information to the nameplates such as destination and aircraft type? I find it odd that the MSFS nameplates offer so little in terms of info when compared to those of FSX.

The folder cppr-nameplates-small-blue needs to be directly in the community folder, that’s probably your issue.
The msfs_nameplates-2.2 is just the zip file’s name when downloading it and you have to take one of the contained folders and place it directly in the community folder.

Aircraft type is contained except in the v2 green version.
Other than that the only info provided by the sim is altitude and origin airport. There is no way to add more info since the sim isn’t providing it.
Sometimes the sim doesn’t provide any details, only the name. I have no clue when it does and when it doesn’t - seems a bit random to me.
I can only formar and omit data, not add anything that isn’t there.

In the v2 green version I chose to only display the altitude (if provided) to reduce clutter since this is the most important of the available data.

THANK YOU for the installation info. These look GREAT!!!

1 Like

Glad to hear :slight_smile: I’m actually using the v2 green since it has proven for me to have the best readability in all situations while still not blocking too much of the view.

Together with the hiddenui mod where you simply can toggle them, it’s the best combo for me, allowing for clean screenshots while still flying with a group.

One more request if you please, you’ve got my interest piqued now regarding the hiddenui and the ability to toggle between label colors. Would you be willing to explain/detail the installation steps to achieve this? I tried to find the hiddenui without success.

Thank you in advance!

It’s another mod and linked in the opening post:

For installation please refer to their thread.

For those who want to tweak their nameplates further, here’s a HowTo which I don’t want to provide as a standalone mod:

(Updated to be compatible with SU5)

Hide numeric value from gamertags
XBox appends a # with a number to every gamertag that is not unique. Since it is mostly useless and makes the nameplates even longer, here’s how to remove them:
Find the file

Official\OneStore\fs-base-ui-pages\html_ui\Pages\InGameMarkers\Templates\IGM_AirTraffic.js

and add the following lines after line 22:

// remove number after gamertag
  data.title.text = data.title.text.replace(/#[0-9]*/gi, "");

Highlight specific names
This only works if you’re using the cppr-nameplates-v2-green of my mod since it contains a highlighting prepared already.
Again look for the file

Official\OneStore\fs-base-ui-pages\html_ui\Pages\InGameMarkers\Templates\IGM_AirTraffic.js

And add there the following line (I exemplary added a few streamers, feel free to add others the same way. Note that you have to omit here the numeric part if you’re using the above tweak as well:

// highlight some users from livestreams
  if (data.title.text.toUpperCase() == "SIMTOM2" 
  	|| data.title.text.toUpperCase() == "PIETER1982NL") {
  	this.querySelector('.name').classList.add('highlighted');
  }

You need to apply this change every time there is an MSFS update that overrides these changes.

With the two fixes in place, my file looks as follows:

6 Likes

How do I download the v2 green I went to the site and I can’t find the download link.

Go to the most recent release, which currently is this:

Press on “Source Code (zip)” which downloads you the full package.
Then open the zip and pick the version you’d like by copying the appropriate folder from the zip file into your community folder. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would like to not have the Name only Aircraft and ALT, is this possible?

This tweak no longer works, correct? It prevents gamer tags appearing at all, having tried it a couple of times after it initially worked.

Is there a simple modification of the settings in your file to further reduce the text size? I am using the small red version. I would like to reduce the text size by about 1/3 to 1/2.

You can check the css file contained in the mod, there are font size settings. :slight_smile:

I’ll have to try it again, got reverted by recent updates.

I added a fix to make my nameplates compatible with the UIMOD “uimod-mugz-hiddenui” which you can have both installed and toggle the nameplates together with the UI elements (using Backspace).
Please download the latest version if you’re using the UIMOD as well:

4 Likes

just to check,is it no nameplate for offline ai traffic

Is that a question? Not sure I understand it.

This mod just changes the way the nameplates look, not their logic when and how they spawn etc.

1 Like

Finally I found the custom nameplate mod to replace the ugly MSFS2020 default nameplate! Thank you!

2 Likes

Glad you lke it :slight_smile:
I really hope at some point Asobo will add more information to be available for nameplates (speed, heading, distance) since the other data is mostly irrelevant which is why I hid it.

It’s about time Asobo gives some love to the nameplates we simmer see all the time. At least they promised a hotkey binding for on/off without external mods…

1 Like

Great mod, wish they would implement this. Also wish they would make it so the AI has nameplates when you have AI offline traffic turned on since nameplates only work for live traffic