Oculus Quest 2
Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls Yoke
Logitech Flight Throttle Quadrant
Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedals
Next Level Racing GT LITE Cockpit
Shure SM58 Beta
Focusrite Scarlett 6i6

4 Likes

I have edited your topice title to remove the use of Caps. These can be in contravention of the Code of Conduct in that they seek to draw undue attention to a topic

Thanks for your understanding

Hi , looks nice but i see no settings Infos here , in the Video or at YT :wink:

Can you please show us your Settings / Tweaks if there are any.

Also please let us know if its STEAM or Windows Store Version you bought.

TIA

Cheers - here are the settings I use:

2 Likes

Hello,
I’m curious how many fps you have with your setup and with your settings.

• TBM 930 in the cockpit, above London between 500 and 1000 ft
  • TBM 930 over the mountains from Courchevel LFLJ.
  • Cessna 152 in the cockpit, above London between 500 and 1000 ft
  • Cessna 152 over the mountains from Courchevel LFLJ.
  • A320 on the KJFK runway, then passing over New York.

I would do the same tests with your settings in MFS with my Ryzen 5 3600 RX 6800 XT Oculus CV1 configuration.

Let me know what is your PC configuration

but this isn’t a “tru the lens” video… it wll always look smooth on the monitor, even if its choppy n VR :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Problem is that a lot of people (particularly those new to VR and fs) don’t know this and then have unrealistic expectations as a result of watching.

1 Like

indeed… :+1:

I’ve just recently gone back and tried using virtual desktop and Steam VR and its the most stutter free experience I’ve had with it. Steam VR is the weakest link though, its just so unstable. Its really infuriating as its so close to being the best VR experience I think. I’ve got a Ryzen 5 5600X and an RTX 3080.

The downside of the link cable method is that its not a fast connection to the headset. The upside is you can use the Oculus software and the tray tool to fine tune things. Personally I didn’t find the tray tool hugely stable either and half the time I wasn’t actually certain it was even taking effect.

With the virtual desktop method you can, with a good wireless router, get a really fast connection with the headset. The downside though is Steam VR really is garbage as far as I can see. Plus there’s the extra faff of having to launch the sim within Steam VR, which I never liked doing.

Like I said though for me when Steam VR works its the closest I’ve yet had to VR being perfect for me. I was just flying low level over Scotland in the F-15 at the speed of sound and it was 100% completely stutter free. It was incredible. Then I launch the next flight Steam VR cuts out and the whole thing becomes a mess.

Hi - what’s your VD / steam VR / msfs settings?
I think VD is the way to go but I’m struggling to find the most impactful settings.

Your reply was one line, but it’s the most important reply here!!

These screen captures (of the 2D) monitor, are always better than what you will see through the headset…and are very misleading.

Pure clickbait!!

Not completely true, Using VD with SteamXR and only RTX 2060 with 6GB Vram and an i5 with only 8GB ram. I am seeing scenery near as good as his video. So with his specs it should be butter.

No, you are wrong! Its absolutely true to how I play the sim - it is an exact replica of what I see when playing it - I simply recorded with Shadowplay.

no, im not, shadowplay uses “desktop capture” it literally records output to the desktop,
not the HMD.
You may well have a smooth VR experience, but the only way to TRULY record your HMD output is a thru the lens setup.

Regardless of how accurate the capture is, I believe the description. For me, it is as smooth, if not more, than what looks like in that video. I have an RTX 3080.

1 Like

I’ve been getting a similar experience with the Rift S, and the settings he uses are very similar to mine. This was also a pretty relaxing video lol. I’ve edited your OP to include the specs you list in your youtube description.

Cheers its 100% accurate despite what others have said.

Thanks for this

If you really need to know - I captured the HMD and cropped to one eye, which is what you see in the video. Why would I lie???

The video itself, is totally irrelevant…