Smooth VR performance with application chosen settings

I had a “pristine” Windows back up saved so I decided to try something. By pristine, I mean It was a new Windows install, with all my applications installed and my browser set to all the websites I frequent.

Anyway, after reinstalling the backup, I downloaded the latest Nvidia driver and within those settings I left everything as default and let the application decide. The only change I made was to lock frame rate at 35 FPS so my GPU Isn’t maxed out constantly.

HAGS was on and from previous experiments it was an additional 2 FPS. Not much but in VR helpful.

I then did a full install of MSFS and let MSFS choose the settings for VR and PC.
I have an RTX card and it chose TAA, one less than my previous setting of 1920 x 1080 and High-end settings.

I then went in the Sim and even though the graphic settings were lower than before it was clearer too. Also, I have no more white flashes, stutters, artifacts or absolutely nothing.

Over L.A I tested with many aircraft and some I could not even get to the runway in my previous install due to low framerates got a lowest of 18 FPS on the runway, and higher in the air. Most stayed steady at my locked choice of 35 FPS.

It seemed for me to let the application decide was a better choice than following all these guides.

So, I hope this will help some out there.

3 Likes