Snow on the ground in Israel ? at least 150 yrs ago

Weather forecast for today is some rain.

LLKS, but so do other airports. yet the ground is covered with snow. Too bad I can’t have my three kids play in it

On December 13, 2013 , 40–70 cm (16–28 in) of snow fell in Jerusalem and 1 m (3 ft 3 in) in the Kefar Etzion area. Warmer parts of Israel received heavy rains, causing floods. Although it was the Sabbath, the railway into Jerusalem ran for people stranded by blocked roads.

Better break out a shovel!

This is Kiryat Shmone and Haifa

The snow is messed up. You get snow almost on a desert, and get almost no snow in places where it naturally exists. This is how 100 cm of snow looks like according to Asobo :joy: :joy: :joy: (location: Poland, Tatra mountain area):

The grass is just white where it should be covered with 100cm think snow layer! Ridiculous

Meanwhile Montreal looks like summer. Everything green.
It’s true, it’s pretty sunny outside, but it’s -9 celsius with snow on the growd.

You can add it manually, but you’ll only get just a little bit of it as on my picture above. No snowman this year :wink:

Yeah. I ended up adding it in manually just for a bit more realism, but it would have been cool if they had a way to read that from the live weather data and place a layer on the ground.

I imagine it could at least be “guesstimated” fairly easily from past precipitation data over the last week or so, plus temperatures: If it snowed in the past 7 days and the temps have been zero or less, add a layer of snow on the ground by default (except roads and runways).

Edit: just wanted to add that all this is only a minor detail and a nice-to-have. Asobo did a fantastic job already and even the ability to add snow manually makes it that much more realistic. It’s great to see the city with snow, just like when looking out the window: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyfWD-9TIWo

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.