Snow partially at low altitudes at 19°C in LOWI

The unbelievable truth is: I DID put a question online for one of the last Q&A, it was accepted, ranked 10th and fully ignored in the corresponding session. Then, for the next Q&A session, I logged the same question again and it was “deleted” because only questions for SU10 Beta were allowed… one could think there is an agenda behind this…

5 Likes

Just keep bumping this thread until its number 1… we had about 10cm of snow on the top 200m of mountains in austria… AND THE ENTIRE ALPS ARE NOW IN SNOW AGAIN.
For heavens sake SORT IT.

don’t know would it be help to devs solve that. but i add one more comment lol. as mentioned before. if you see that problem, just use 3rd party real weather for problems region. for now it’s only one way have normal terrain in some time of year and real weather. msfs live weather still and will uncertain time broken in some regions of canada, alaska, europe wherever it is yet

The brand new custom airport in the world update canada, Bella Coola (CYBD)
OAT 20C

6 Likes

Honestly its laughable, physics and thermodynamics itself is broken.

1 Like

We should keeping reporting it as bugs in bug reports… i’m affraid of winter coming as you can’t see runway and taxiway anymore when there is snow… or you have to stop live weather.
It’s pretty annoying because the coverage given by MSFS with the snow, most airports would be closed haha.

1 Like

Can it be that it’s location dependent?
I’ve flown in and out of Bella Coola (CYBD) too the last recent days, and the area surrounding the airport was also covered in snow and the inlet was frozen. It was the only area in the wider region that showed snow and ice, with everything else still green.

Edit: Also I noticed that the temperatures on the ground was 4° Celsius and climbing out of the airport outside temperature rose to 15° Celsius.

Greenland is under perpetual winter, even with 20°c in some parts.

1 Like

This week i started again from LOWI after SU11. And what should I say. I’m speechless. It was still green in Innsbruck and in the Inn Valley. A little further up the mountains were a little bit covered with snow and on the top all peaks was white. Great!!!

1 Like

You were lucky. I was there an hour earlier. 5° C, 100% snow cover including runway and taxi ways.

1 Like

Have faith:

1 Like

Yeah, the cleared roads and runways looks good. But since day one of the sim I’ve never seen the roads and runways in snow like that, so I don’t know which version of the sim Seb was using, saying that they had that already before it broke, but it sure wasn’t mine.

And of course this solution isn’t a solution for the main problem with snow: that there is snow in the first place where shouldn’t be any.

Some shots from February 2021. Note how the roads are not only not clear of snow but they are the only thing with snow on them in some parts:

And some shots from June (as in summer!) 2021. Yeah … that’s snow in the valleys at 25 C° (77 F°). Note the roads and the runway:

2 Likes

it seems that Asobo now will look into it, hopefully the bugfix will be here before (nothern hemisphere) spring

2 Likes

Ok, next flight - 8°C - and SNOW in the valley

Ouch, I can almost forgive the inaccurate snow coverage if those live weather clouds could be restored. I really hope they include that in the upcoming talks with Meteoblue.

1 Like

anyone in the current beta can confirm, that there is still snow in LOWI in the sim?
IRL there is no snow (just about starting at 1800 meters above MSL)
in the sim (not the beta), there is snow in the valley.

seems the snow on runways seems to be fixed within the current beta (refer to this thread: Get rid of the snow on runways, taxiways, aprons and roads - #64 by N6722C) i wonder if the snow in low line areas/valleys has been fixed as well at this time.

Yes, and that will not change until they get to a new arrangement regarding the snowmap resolution with Meteoblue. It’s planned for the future but it’s not a thing that will be fixed right now. The snow fixes are only about clearing runways and roads.

The snow is still there, however the RWY and taxiways are almost clean. Or at least it looks like the ground crew managed to clean them a little :).

We still have to wait for better snow coverage NWP resolution, Asobo will talk with Meteoblue about that during January I think.

1 Like

No. That was mentioned in the last Q&A. They are now finally aware of it, but there was no talk about it being a quick fix, but that they have to bring that up in their quarterly meetings with Meteoblue.

Which made me wonder (not for the first time) if someone at Asobo actually USES their own product. I mean, it took them two years and hundreds of posts in the forums including screenshots pointing them WHAT the culprit is, yet they seemed to be surprised by this bug when the question about it finally managed to be asked in the Q&A session…

Hope they will find a good solution to implement the better resolution meteoblue snow coverage data. Should be not much of an hassle I guess…

3 Likes