So I flew X-Plane yesterday

that alone would be a step in the right direction

High frame rate came from optimization swapping\memory code which they have done now, but they will introduce them in step on future several sim update progressive, not all at once, without these, no new things would be possible to add or getting higher quality beyond ultra level.

You have missed his point!! And CS.1.6… Sorry you got that wrong!

5 Likes

After a bad day in the cockpit, with my trusty 172 seemingly failing to capture the localiser, then it somehow did; then failing to capture the GS; then trim going mad when I switched off AP; then the return leg causing a CTD when dialling in a direct…

I’m thinking of dusting off x-plane tomorrow! :flushed::rofl:

Seriously though, I’ve not had a crummy day like this since September, so I can’t complain too much.

But in saying that, I’m wanting to get into VATSIM and I’m not sure I can trust the G1000 to get me there. VFR patterns are one thing, but a properly filed Navigraph route where ATC give me a direct to?
Hoping somewhere along SU4-6 will provide some answers…

XP11 with Pilot2ATC, Toliss A319 and Traffic Global is great for IFR. FS2020 for VFR/scenery.

As I fly IFR, I use XP11 as above. I tried P2ATC with FS2020 and it is fine but the lack of traffic and the stutters (and the CTDs) have kept me with XP.

I hope that one day FS2020 will be as good as XP11 for IFR. I do not miss the scenery of FS2020; at FL350 it makes no difference.

4 Likes

what a silly comment, its also about msfs.

6 Likes

you can not fly with P2ATC in MSFS2020 unless you want to hear “Call Sign, you are off course” because of the stupid, stupid, stupid USR/USER waypoints, the only plane it cant affect is the CRJ and that’s why Aerosoft moved away from the MSFS planner, even the A32NX suffers this even if the plan comes from Simbrief. This has to be fixed ASAP

you have to bumble around with the plan in P2ATC, MSFS is garbage at the moment when it comes to IFR planning, either in the sim or external becuase no matter what it will destroy your plan.

3 Likes

Also tried Xplane, and it was S… Never ever going back

Dear oh dear, my eyes are bleeding with that over saturated over sharpened look

1 Like

Of course XP vulkan runs smooth with all these 2D clouds and 2D trees. Just add xE to the mix (plugin to replace the 2D clouds with 3D clouds) and the performance will be worse than MSFS.

Clouds are not 2D, Xenviro & Skymaxx are volumetric! and it all runs at the same FPS as MSFS around 35-50 fps. People really need to look into things.

Not too shabby at all! and you know IFR/Add-ons/Flight model. Lets not be silly here!

4 Likes

Yeah using FF320 it will hammer it even worse on my machine (my settings are optimized to the max as recommend from Magnus the creator of xE). Now back to your post, you get the same FPS as MSFS with less overall graphic quality (I am talking here about the rendering engine not the settings)

Yeah but I am running 3 Independent things all with their own settings and such. Xenviro as its own settings, which I max, Xplane it’s self, and other add-ons. Thats why I got a 3090, the 24GB VRAM helps no end. MSFS is set global quality once. in the Air in Xplane I can get upwards of 60fps

Lol, let’s compare apples to apples here. I have a boat load of addons for P3D and XP myself but out of the box they don’t hold a candle to MSFS.

3 Likes

XP is far superior in every category except graphics. Aircraft sound in MSFS is a disaster in comparison. XP’s replay system is ingenious in function and simplicity. When MS does nof even have one. Aircraft in XP look and feel like they’re flying rather than brand new plane toys bobbing about in water. Seriously, XP feels do much more like a sim, while MSFS just feels like game.

12 Likes

Graphically yes! but flip the coin and we can say the same about the really important part right?
My point is this forum full of people who like to put down anything else, when yes we all agree MSFS has the graphics, but that’s it, and it gets real boring real quick if you actually want to sim! They need to fix a lot.

2 Likes

They all have pros and cons and it’s why I don’t limit myself to just one of them (though I wish I could). I have never found myself getting bored in MSFS and literally all I’m doing most of the time in MSFS is flying VFR (sometimes IFR as a /A, too much of hassle to go /G at the moment) in the Cessna 152 mod in SoCal on VATSIM (I’m really starting to sound like a broken record with this VATSIM talk, lol). I have Orbx TrueEarth SoCal for P3D and XP yet I’m still flying in MSFS at times.

3 Likes

Well since you have RTX3090, it will help you a lot with things like xE since is super heavy on the gpu side. But it is really weird to get something like RTX3090 to let plugin like xE to work well with waaaaay less quality clouds comparing to MSFS. Anyway, I hope LR will do some optimizations on the GPU to let plugins like xE and SkyMaxx work better and more efficient

1 Like

This thread is also a concern

I dont agree, Ultra Clouds in MSFS go all grainy for me.