So Long to Start. Want fly 1hour, wait to main screen 15 mins

Will do. Thanks for taking the troubld to respond.

sure no problem - 15min loading can not be normal and since we have almost the same system (expect GPU and SDD - have my on a own 1TB SSD) I am 90% sure it is not the same but your system that can easily be fixed by yourself and there is nothing ASOBo can do here to help.

[edit: Ignore this first bit - I am either dumb or my eyes are shot (possibly both)]
Apologies if this has already been answered or suggested (I couldn’t see it) but have you tried with the community folder empty? Livery and scenery packs can take a long time to load.
[/edit]

Also, it’s unlikely, but check that windows is not compressing the drive to save space (right click on the drive and check properties)

@TwoSuitz see hist first post :wink:

good catch, since it is on default C: this can happen, totally forgot about this in my first respose xD

:man_facepalming: I looked SPECIFICALLY for that, yet somehow I managed to miss it!

Thank you. I shall check that. I only have the A32NX mod at 2 liveries. That’s all. But I will check drive compression. Thank you.

Are you using a system managed pagefile? No pagefile? If system managed can you reset it, then reboot your PC then manually create one to say 8GB? Then test.

Try deleting rolling cache if you use it - could be corrupt somewhere? Similarly a fresh install might help, albeit not a trivial download.

Thank you. Will try deleting cache. Don’t think I can do a redownload right now. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Well leave that as absolute last option. Thanks.

Thank you. Will try this too.

1 Like

Mine always takes 3 x longer to load when the WiFi speeds are low

Thanks but unlikely to be an internet speed issue. My connection is wired, reliable and I have checked speeds. Unless something is blocking speeds on windows as it does for store downloads. :neutral_face:

Are you launching the sim with a -fastlaunch argument? That eliminates the partner logo animations and starts loading where you first see scenery screenshots.

No. I’m not. How does one do that?

On Steam, just add it to the launch arguments for FS2020. A little more involved for Microsoft store but not hard. Search and ye shall find. :+1:

For MS store you can just create a new shortcut on the desktop to:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App "-FastLaunch"
2 Likes

Resetting the cache helped. Thanks.

2 Likes

Setting the page file to 8gb helped. Thanks. Do you know why though? I have 32gb of ram and never run out in my usage. Would like to know, if you do. :blush:

1 Like

Well, with the description of the page file it may be easy for us to interpret that it is only utilized when physical memory is exhausted because it (can) and (will) be, though this isn’t in no way stating that the page file is utilized in this fashion only. There are programs like Photoshop and MSFS, as well as other games that use a lot of physical memory that manage that through the page file no matter how much physical memory you have. PS is a little different for it writes its own scratch disk, I’ve had it grow to over 100GB… Back in windows 7 days if you had a lot of physical memory you could get away with not having a page file for merely how programs were designed. That has changed in our Windows 10 times :smiley:

Some programs and games will just flat out crash with little to no page file present!

I suspect that may be the way many may do in some instances. People that have even 64GB of ram or more, end up disabling page file thinking they have plenty of ram and then run into issues of stability or like in this instance slow loading times.

I have 32GB of ram as well but then I take it to the extreme with OS on one SSD, MSFS on another SSD, 30GB Rolling Cache on another SSD, 20GB Page File on another SSD. :laughing:

It’s a bit extreme and not plausible for everyone but works a treat for me.

8GB page file is actually minimal. You could go even higher, just not sure what kind of storage space you have!

Happy Landings!

1 Like

Thank you so much for this wonderful, clear and articulate explanation. It has opened my eyes. I was one of those who would actually disable page file. Of course in this instance it was set to automatic. I originally did set up a separate SSD for the rolling cache but found there to be no improvement so moved it to the same one, which is a 1tb 970 Evo plus.

Anyhow. Thankfully it’s now working properly. Which is a big relief. It was a bummer having to spend 20 minutes of the one hour I usually sit for, just to load.

Thank you again. Much appreciated.

1 Like