So many CTD’s…

The update FAQ says, do not use / tick?
“Use latest preview OpenXR runtime”

With version 1.0.34 the airspace messages are disabled per default because of that. So updating is sufficient (and necessary for SU4 compatibility anyway).
Solved my CTD issues as well, flying smooth since then.

oh thank for mentioning… I’m on 1.0.33. No CTD’s so far but will update right after landing!

I found the solution to all my challenges of CTD’s……I uninstalled MSFS and reinstalled it without anything in the community folder. Everything is back to normal, in fact better than it was before the last update…Everything is back in the community folder and I am a happy pilot :grinning::grinning:

Just for info guys,

I had CTD after the last update, I have improved the stability by

1. Delete and re-create the Cache
  2. Installed the latest Nvidia drives I was running 457.30

Had ~ 2-3 hours flights today and only 1 CDT, but that MIGHT have been a duff plugin

I am still testing

Did you ever try deleting the cache files?
Before doing the reinstall.

I ask because an uninstall would remove those.

Now i have tested Nvidia hotfix 466.55 driver a couple of days and no Ctd-s so far. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice ! That’s the fresh one ! Let’s put a link (maybe they are working on our MSFS complaints ?)

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5196/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-466.55

I’m getting CTD every flight since update. I’ve tried everything with no luck. Never had problems before.

1 Like

Did you delete your rolling cache and reset it after doing the update?
And have you checked to confirm you don’t have Seagate Toolkit running, seems the new update is doing something it doesn’t like.

Thanks for the post, interesting Nvidia DCH drivers… another variable to put in the CTD mix.

Think I solved the CTD. My controller set ups were conflicting for some reason. I reset throttle yoke and rudder to default and all is well.
I had a few set ups for different aircraft

Glad to hear.

Let’s use this as one of those valuable learning moments. (This is not directed at you, @MXRIDERKTM , specifically but worth noting so you can assist others.

SEE THE ABOVE QUOTED TEXT!!

This is why it is a mistake to arbitrarily re-install MSFS without doing some basic housecleaning first.
MSFS stores all kinds of settings in the cloud and NOT on your computer. Uninstalling the sim does NOT remove the settings files from the server. They are forever attached to your profile. There are setting that can and do cause CTD issues as well as locked up startups and no end of grief. You can un-install and re-install everything from the sim to Windows and nothing will change.

If you must do a re-install, IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU RETURN ALL SETTINGS TO DEFAULT AND DELETE ANY CACHES OR PROFILES FIRST !! Once you have done that retest first. You may have already solved your problems.

It scares me everytime I read another post about reinstalling Windows or MSFS. 99% of the time, all they have done is locked themselves out of the settings screen where they could have fixed the problem and now they are screwed.

I have just completed a two hour flight with no problems.
Before clearing my controller set ups (honeycomb yoke, HOTAS throttle, TM rudder. I tried everything. Totally agree with comments above. More than often I expect it’s a conflict.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.