So the Simulation is dumbed down for Gamers is it? Come on Asobo give us some credit please

I interpreted that “no one would understand it” as a clear indication that “nobody at Asobo understood it, at least not enough to try to simulate it in MSFS”

Actually, as users, we don’t necessarily have to “fully understand it”, as you would to design & program it – we just want to experience the “working” end results.

Then again … how difficult is it to “understand” updraft and downdrafts ??
Google it, and within a short time of reading, you will know more than you ever NEED to know about updraft and downdraft … certainly not enough to program it into a sim, but certainly enough to “understand it” and benefit from it in a sim

DCS has “game” and “sim” mode. Never looked at the game mode. This would be the a great solution.

1 Like

So an honest true question MS/Asobo.

What is supposed to work in the “game” and when? Right now I am not alone in feeling like we paid money for a beta app. Even the most simple of planes can only fly the basic VFR. Should we never expect approaches in a G1000?

Game is gorgeous, but, every flight I have to respond like I have a failure every single flight.

Mods do a big disservice to this forum. They are hiding the anger and truth. They say they receive no pay, which I believe, but, they defend the Corp over us little people.

Stop hiding the frustrations being vented, your tipping your support base by censoring speech.

Let the developers and coders see how UNHAPPY many of us are. Maybe, just maybe some tough love is needed here. If you review twitter, yikes.

I would prefer to choose how “dumb” I want the simulator to be.

3 Likes

May want to talk for yourself there, because you certainly don’t talk for “us” or “we.”

The moderation team hides posts that violate the code of conduct, regardless of whether they’re positive or negative. I can certainly testify with the most direct and extensive experience that they hide plenty of posts positive toward the sim when they violate the rules.

We may discuss for days whether their application of the rules may or may not be overbearing, but there’s no doubt that they apply them to both sides.

The whole “corp vs little people” thing is very dramatic, but not very accurate. You may want to avoid extreme hyperbole, because you seem to be very fond of it. What you say about planes being able to fly “only fly the basic VFR” is simply inaccurate, and the same goes for having failures every single flight.

“though love” helps no one. Constructiveness does, and I don’t see much of it here.

1 Like

Hi @BlastedHeart276 - I want to clear this concern of yours up:

We only remove posts that do not comply with the Code of Conduct. Part of the Code of Conduct requires that posts be of a constructive nature. While this portion of the Code of Conduct has not changed, we have been enforcing it more rigorously of late, you can read more about our policy change here.

We value constructive criticism about MSFS as it helps the developers further understand, triage and resolve problems within MSFS.

You can complain and voice your displeasure as much as you want, we only ask that you are constructive at the same time.

Take the following example posts:

Non-Constructive
The ATC in this simulator is ■■■■

Constructive
ATC’s altitude instructions are awful. I was on a flight from KSFO to KDEN in an A320N, when ATC cleared me for descent below the minimum safe altitude. If I stayed at a safe altitude it would cancel my IFR clearance and my approach, so I followed their instructions leading to a crash on the side of a mountain.

ATC needs to take the terrain into account when issuing clearances!

The non-constructive example (top) provides no meaningful information, no one will be able to understand, reproduce or document the issue, and therefore the issue cannot be resolved. The bottom paragraph allows a user to vent, and voice their frustration, while still providing enough information that positive changes can be developed.

3 Likes

Then why are so SO SO many feeling like NO ONE is listening here? I sure do.

I wouldn’t know, because I am aware that they do. Maybe some expect that “listening” means instantly solving issues with a magic wand.

The developers have proven time and time again that they do listen. Due to the complexity of this product, not all issues can be solved instantly or even quickly, but saying that they don’t listen is simply unfair.

1 Like

Yes BUT they CLAIM they have that feature! Do they have it ???

But you know what? Maybe they don’t have it. What do you think ?

And yes this is GAME ! But they claim this is simulator with top class weather simulation ! And THERE is problem !
You don’t have to tell me this is game. I’m not THAT stupid

1 Like

As a matter of fact, the weather simulation in this sim is literally leagues superior to the default weather solution in any other simulator. So yes, they have it.

They also applied a very effective fix today that addressed a lot of issues it had.

1 Like

This is GAME. For masses… Lot of empty promises from ASOBO. And YOU support it !

Newsflash: computer flight simulators ARE games. All of them.

When you play pretend pilot on every flight simulator you can run on your computer, you’re playing a game.

There are few things more chuckle-worthy than people using the word “game” like it was some sort of insult to this sim. It isn’t.

1 Like

You are clearly blocking advancing in PC flight simulation GAMES !!!

So admit they’re games. Good progress. :hugs:

That’s an interesting statement, considering that this is pretty literally the first commercial flight simulator that came with some innovation in about two decades in which pretty literally the same features have been rehashed endlessly in literally every sim released since FS2002 by Microsoft and everyone else…

1 Like

Wow. You have amazing incite into what the devs know and are aware of…

Please share this wisdom how you know they are listening and working hard? Cause you read it?

Proof is in the pudding. 70+ days and not a single plane fly’s as it should.

1 Like

But I am out of line for wanted just 1 of the 22 planes I paid for to be bug free. But not 1.

No, because today they spent an hour addressing issues and demonstrating that they’re listening, and they did so before plenty of times.

I like to listen, and by listening to them I can easily see that the developers are listening to the userbase, or at least to the constructive part of it.

You claiming something isn’t proof (or evidence). It’s just a claim. An incorrect one at that.

Ah, the old dear gating.

I don’t know about “you real simmers,” but I’ve been a flight simulation enthusiast since Flight Simulator by Psion on the ZX Spectrum circa 1982.

I’ve played every major (and many minor) sim since, created freeware addons, I’ve worked on the AI, I’ve flown more hours on sims than likely many the complainers combined.

This does not mean that I need to deny that computer flight simulators are games because I somehow feel insecure about the fact that I am playing games.

I’ve flown all the way around the world and halfway around Japan completely IFR, and didn’t have a single autopilot issue I couldn’t easily work around. Maybe the problem isn’t on my side.

As a matter of fact, it’s exactly because I have flown in basically every other sim at release that I know that none of them launched without issues which required extensive fixing over time. That’s the name of the game with products as complex as this.

This is actually one of the sims that had less issues at launch or even close to it.

4 Likes

I paid for this sim because it tries to capture what it feels like to fly in the real world, not only that, I want to strive further so that I can achieve my goal of being a pilot. Dumbing down on features that makes it indistinguishable is something I don’t tolerate, I don’t want the realism sucked out. You can’t just just say that 2 photos, one black and one white are the same.

this statement itself is just what we need instead. We can’t just keep arguing if the problem solver is literally there!. I want a happy community, not a place that is chaotic like war. some of them are here to have good fun and some just wants to do something that feels REAL and maybe even because they are PASSIONATE in it.

1 Like

BINGO

300+hrs in release sim
1000+ hours in alpha/tech

But, I know nothing of all the bugs.

You talk down to us like kids, that’s the elite in you. I have no issues, it’s just you. Love that comment. With my hours, your statement is false.

2 Likes

I have not said I had no issue. I said I had no issues “I couldn’t easily work around” You may want not to distort what people say when discussing with them.

Which is simply the truth mind you, the vast, vast majority of the autopilot issues this sim has can easily be worked around. Also, I’m far from the “only one.”

This doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t be fixed, but they’re hardly gamebreakers.

Incidentally, they’re also much milder than the issues that most previous flight simulators had at and close to release.

1 Like