So you want to go to Vegas... FlyTampa!

Did they fix CTD and FPS issues with this thing?

Are you talking about the hotfix which was released on there forums? Iā€™ve seen reports that people are still getting crashes unfortunatetly.

1 Like

For me itā€™s ok on medium I get +35 fps in the G36, Iā€™ve not tried the hotfix yet though.

Aside from the first time I loaded up the area I havenā€™t had any performance issues, and I spent a good half hour yesterday buzzing the whole area at treetop level. I will say the first time I loaded it my 2080 was maxed out in terms of memory as well as usage, but it soon calmed down once I flew around a bit and since then itā€™s been running about the same as any other busy area. Aside from the 2080 my system is a few years old at this point.
i7 7700k @5GHz
32GB RAM
High settings at 1080

Imagine when DX12 comes heard its known to CTD once you run out of memory.I do hope it makes this sim more gpu bound.Getting the same thing here on my 2060super.Interesting my CPU seems to be the bottleneck with this scenery.

I can confirm the hotfix on the FlyTampa forums does improve matters quite a bit. Not sure about the crashing, that doesnā€™t happen for me.

In MSFS High detail settings with terrain detail up to 200 I get 35fps+ around McCarran airport. On my flight into Las Vegas I did get quite bad stuttering as the Las Vegas strip and airport loaded in and turning on final I has some stuttering as well but it settled down shortly after and the landing was pretty smooth. So getting better but still more work to do I think.

The hotfix hasnā€™t been rolled into the installer yet so youā€™ll need to download and copy over the top of your original installed files.

I just tried it and there was certainly an improvement. Side note, there are A LOT of billboards in Vegas.

Anybody else notice that Allegiant Stadium is spelled ALEGIANT on one side and the proper ALLEGIANT on the other?

Edit: Picture courtesy of Brian Flackā€™s YouTube video.

1 Like

ā€¦ Bruh ā€¦ that looks stunning!

I did DL the hotfix and overwrote the scenery files in the airport and city folders in the Community folder. On the plus side Iā€™m no longer getting CTDs when McCarrren Airport loads. It looks very good. On the not so plus side, Iā€™m not getting a drop in frame rates per se but I am getting some mild stuttering which wasnā€™t present with just the unmodified city folder loaded. Even after decreasing of some of the graphics settings, the stutters were still present. Iā€™ll have to play around a bit more and I did save the original airport and city folders so, worst case scenario, I can just use the original city enhancements without the airportā€™s.

There so many great airports being released, including this one! But I have not purchased a single one because the AI traffic at airports is virtually non existent. Every time I visit an airport I feel like I am part of the movie 28 Days Later.

Patiently waiting for a fix, or for the Ultimate Traffic guys to come through.

Las Vegas v1.2 Update [MSFS] - FlyTampa fix is out guys!

Yeah the extra AI traffic adds realism but youā€™re focusing more on flying.Its a matter of waiting.Something so minor atm shouldnā€™t hinder you from getting these airports :wink:

I hope they donā€™t remove details for people with potato video cards. Weā€™re hitting limits like we did with FSX. High detail addons, like PMDG planes will need hardware above sim requirements to run uber-addons.

It was only a matter of time, and itā€™s happening now.

On my end the scenery is affecting CPU.Going to report back as soon as its finish downloading! Performance is around the same a bit better.

I donā€™t think any RTX 20xx cards are potato cardsā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m experiencing much better fps with v. 1.2. Iā€™m getting 22-25 fps buzzing the city and departing/arriving at KLAS in A32NX, which is excellent for me.

Mine is stuttering still with the A32NX.As of right now the only plane that performs well out of this airport is the shock ultra.

Wow having flown around Vegas in FSX, DCS World and X-Plane the MSFS rendition with the scenenry is beyond incredible. Having been to Vegas 5 times IRL I can tell you theyā€™ve absolutely nailed the colours and lighting of every hotel at night on the strip - amazing.

Also just noticed in your vid the High Roller is actually animated, super cool! The only think they missed out on was to put a light show on Fremont Street at night, come on FlyTampa sort it out haha!