Solution for recent low resolution ground texture and building pop-in issues

Hardcoding wouldn’t be a bad thing as long as they hardcode tweak settings in the program as well :wink:

1 Like

Actually I agree with them. No normal player should edit config file manually unless something was screwed

Exactly my sentiment. Don’t edit CFG files unless you know what you are doing.

If you are confident / have experience , then feel free to do so , and enjoy the benefits of being able to edit YOUR game / Sim :+1:

2 Likes

I had fine FPS before the update. If I wouldn’t have fine FPS, I would have had the uption to reduce details with all the options they gave us. There was no reason to downgrade the PC version so drastically.
I’m a graphics enthusiast and the (before the update) amazing graphics is what made me spend 120 Euros on the software. Now they ruined it for me. I’m well aware that there are many more people out there who probably like the patch, but I don’t. They just took away the game that I bought and don’t even offer a rollback.
So I will just just take the config file (that I bought from them) and the notepad editor, (that I bought together with my windows - ironically from Microsoft too) and go ahead and change it.
Also I made a backup of the file, so if I mess things up there won’t be a problem.
I really don’t see the issue.

5 Likes

Super annoying but can you screenshot step by step? I tried adjusting the Settings in they config txt but i didn’t notice much difference not even sure if I did it right as I’ve never done this before. Tried looking it up as well but the instructions aren’t too great

You got a PN

1 Like

You got a PM

They say lots of things in them QAs don’t they?

If you completely screw it up, just delete it. At next game launch, the game will say it has to download the entire game, but it wont because the game files are on your drive. It will just rebuild the CFG file and startup with graphical defaults. Takes like 30 seconds.

3 Likes

Well said, don’t really understand why for so many people also on the forum is so hard to understand

As soon as I play it or watch a YT video I can see close range buildings changing randomly - whether its lighting or texture I dont know - but its so obvious and distracting,

They’re so proud of reducing memory requirements but when we’ve invested in 32GB RAM it may as well all be used. I cant believe how hard it is to get Ultra settings at 4K even with a top Ampere GPU.

1 Like

Image Sharpening set to ON in the NVIDIA control panel seems to have improved the awful blurry ground textures. Still not ideal though…

1 Like

I had to edit the cfg file to get at least some of the visuals back form SU4.

1 Like

“Knowing what you are doing” would mean being part of the development team, because you never know how changing one setting affects other elements in the sim. There is a strong possibility of problems arising further down the line or not getting noticed at first.

Sure, you can change it but there is always a risk of screwing something up (and blaming Asobo for the possible new problems :wink:)

I fully understand the point you are making :+1:, but , after my experience of years of sims / gaming and editing files in such sims / games , if you change something, and things don’t work out , simple rule of thumb is to revert back to the original file :+1:

( And say to yourself , " ah well , that didn’t work out to well !! :joy:) .

1 Like

Same :+1:, and I’m quite pleased with what I have now :+1:

Would anyone know what parameters I should adjust in the config file to get the same quality in ultra graphics before update 5? Thanks in advanced.

When it comes to rendering distance, Terrain LOD and Object LOD at 200 (no config tweak needed) and trees at Ultra should get you beyond the rendering distance of SU4 according to this: Trees Draw Distance After Sim Update 5 - Flight Simulator Blog

So why did the graphics get worse after update 5 with the same settings?

2 Likes

hello, can you pls share what settings you tweaked. thanks in advance.