Solution for Stutters & Pauses (updated for SU5)

Your Samsumg TV have display port , or do you mean Hdmi ?

It is plugged on the display port output of the RTX and on a HDMI plug called “HDMI-DVI” on the TV, I have choosen this one because the other ones were just called HDMI so I thought it was better…

strange… HDMI - DVI - Display Port … three different things :slight_smile: … HDMI & DVI is okay on same ‘port’, but Display Port :-/ possible you have a DVI - HDMI cable or hdmi at both sides… but this explain not exactly the 50fps… If these 50fps are “fixed” fps, then it must have something to do with your connection… then vsync limit it to this.

DVI - relativ huge plug
HDMI - just HDMI plug
Display Port - looks similar HDMI, but is not same :wink:

My cable has display port on one side and HDMI on the other side, but it’s plugged on a plug written “HDMI-DVI”…
About the fps I get when I set the limit to 60 fps, they are around 50 fps, rarely above 54, I don’t get a constant 50 fps as if it was due to a 50 hz display. As soon as I remove the 60 fps, it never goes under 60 fps unless I take an airliner to a big airport. I am glad this is not what I like to do in this sim.

ah… then you have a DP to HDMI cable. These HDMI/DVI plugs are simple allow connect older DVI ports ( DVI is newer VGA, without audio ).

I will do some tests, if I have bit time.

Currently I know the Vsync Bug only in these way, that it skips one Vsync-Step. All works fine in Main-Menue, but the setting “30” , which mean the second Vsync step, is in-flight then the third vsync step.

After reading all of these here, could the stutters simply be because Bing Maps and the Asobo servers are blipping out at times, things just completely out of our control? Let’s remember that a great deal of our graphical content is getting streamed to us and no matter how fast our own rigs are or how solid our internet connections are, if we’re using photogrammetry, we are at the mercy of the servers providing it. Yeah, there are probably optimizations developers can make to the basic engine but to me the weak link to me seems to be that we’re all hitting source data that has to respond to demand. None of us who are using the sim individually has any clue what that demand is at any given time.

If you’re flying into a new area, particularly one where there’s a billion objects and some incredibly detailed images, textures, mesh detail, etc., that info request goes into the source servers and has to come back to you…all in real time. Sure, if you’ve flown there a lot and cache is working, that load should be reduced but let’s remember that the software needs to see if there have been any map or object updates since the last time you visited. We’re told that Bing is continually updating their data.

Am I wrong in this evaluation? All this said, I don’t believe either of the cache areas are working well. While this immense download of data should certainly occur the first time we visit an area, cache should make our subsequent flights smoother and quicker. No responses on these boards have indicated any of that is working. Most have abandoned use of them.

of course… therefore is these heading so missleading

Pauses : I assume network or server issues… sometime looks like it happens if new player spawn, but can be wrong.
Stutters : different understanding is possible with lots of different reasons. E.g. Stutters because Performance, Stutters because parallel running apps, impression of Stutters because Invalid Sync PC<->Monitor, Stutters because to slow network… etc.
CTD : if there are network issues and the network stack is not hard enought a CTD can be the result instead e.g. that it do “a Pause”

Maybe I have a new solution for the Stutters and Lags:

I have disabled the scan for the PROCESS flightsimulator.exe in Microsoft Defender.
This means, that not every file, which is opened by this process is scanned from Defender.

For me, this was the solution for many stutters.

1 Like

Hmm…interesting. I wonder if MS can include an exclusion rule out of the box for MSFS.

Have a similar system with a 2080ti as well with almost no stutters now. You can try:

• NVCP - disable fps lock
  • NVCP - set low latency mode to ultra (reduces pre-rendered frames)
  • NVCP - set power management to prefer max performance
  • Win10 - enable Game Mode
  • Win10 - disable background recording in game captures
  • Win10 - enable hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling
  • Win10 - set MSFS to high-performance in graphics performance preferences
  • MSFS - create rolling cache on the same drive as MSFS and set to 32GB [only if running on a fast SSD / M.2]

optional - update to the latest Nvidia driver and enable automatic tuning / overclock in the optional features

Other suggestions here:

5 Likes

for comparable results this is not optional :wink:

He use the old:

Nvidia Driver : 456.71

And I would repeat: “Stutters” is not equals “Stutters” … each here have different kind of understanding from it.

I just thought I’d post my experience with stutters here. I have played the game since release with no stuttering issues. Then about a week ago the game was taking longer to load than usual so I validated the game on steam, little did I know that steam deletes the game when you validate it.

So after about 12 hours of redownloading I restart the game to find that now it micro stutters. My frame rate cuts in half about every 3 seconds, even in the menu. If I limit it to 60 fps it cuts to 30 every few seconds, and the same happens if I limit it to 20fps, it drops to 10 every few seconds. However, I have discovered that if I start a flight and then exit back to the main menu the problem fixes itself (about 70% of the time) and I get a steady frame rate with no stutters. After that it will stay stutter free until I quit the game.

I’ve got no idea what the cause is and why it fixes itself under certain situations. Its just incredibly frustrating especially as it used to work perfectly fine until I had to reinstall the game.

We can struggle as much as we want with MSFS, NVidia and windows 10 settings,
the problem lies within the ■■■■■■ graphics engine of MSFS

2 Likes

I have just read this:

This topic will close a month after the last reply.

Of course they will close this topic.
They don’t want to hear the truth…

2 Likes

Guys try this

Has anyone else messed with internet speed limit to help with stutters? It “seems” like if I set the limit to 40 Mbit the stutters are reduced. 40 is way less than my bandwidth, which is usually 300-400.

Anyone else tried this?, or is it my imagination?

All posts have this restriction.
It’s not a plot.

1 Like

I have an ok setup. 10900k, strix 3090, 32 hyper X 3733 mem, asus strix mobo, 2tb firecuda 520 nvme. Clean Windows , few games, original nvcp ,120mb Internet. 1000w corsair psu. Config high + ultra. Airport traffic=0 Still have some small stutter while running between 45 and 55 fps. Sucks so much since other AAA games run smoother

What is your monitor ?

I found a tip yesterday that helped me. I downloaded the rivatuner statistics server from guru 3d. I set it to limit frames at 30 and Scanlinesynce to x/2 and -1 and it smoothed my sim out. no more stutters and 30 fps. i7 9700k gtx1080