Solution for Stutters & Pauses (updated for SU5)

Same for me - stuttering on the A32NX is so bad. And the Aerosoft CRJ…? Smooth as butter!! It’s very frustrating because I love the A32NX… :frowning:

1 Like

Strange multi-player behaviour, fixed by switching to a different server. Maybe caused by a certain aircraft?

This at KBUF on the East US server:

After updating sim , I got a lot of pauses and stutters and I can’t get bing data , here is the
Error: “Your connection had an issue while streaming data, you have been switched to offline mode."

I think with that last update there is a problem in streaming terrain data that causes these pauses and connection errors while streaming data.

To be honest it sounds like you might have a networking error. This kind of behaviour happens to me if I leave my 4 year old router running 24/7

OK folks. The conclusion after reading all this topic is that there is NOT a solution to stutters and pauses, at least not one that persists through updates. I have quit trying personally.

1 Like

I have no stutters, only dropped frames if I drop below 30 fps but even then they are only really apparent if I make quick movements. Anyone can get good numbers at 8000 feet but my advice is that folk shoud adjust their settings to still run well on approaches all the way down to the numbers. An emergency fix could be turning off volumetric effects, a one click affair if you’r flying in dev mode.

Whether you’re GPU or CPU limited Babu’s guide is the best I’ve come across yet.
[HOW-TO] Graphics Settings and Performance Guide (3/16/2021) - Guides / Advanced Pilot Help & Guides - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Also for GPU limited Nvidia cards you might want to switch the PhysX config in control panel to your CPU

I don’t know if you still can, but one technique was to buy the cheapest Nvidia card with Physx, and configure that card to do Physx only.

Does that really work? … Of course for most boards I’m guessing that means butchering a PCIE x 1 slot with a soldering iron to let the back of the card run through. Or should I say “modding” … Eitherway there’s little to be gained with the more powerful cards of today.

If you can find an older card, on eBay now I expect, an x4 card will happily sit in an x8/x16 socket.

It was quite a common practise.

I would definitely consider it if my PC wasn’t already running at 4Ghz plus which I think should be plenty fast enough for the PhysX engine.

So much voodoo, does MSFS even use PhysX?

No Idea but I’m happy to take any load off my GT1030

Hi all, I have finally found my fix and it is sooooo satisfying to get a VERY STABLE framerate. What I did was to do a fresh windows install on a SSD (2.5") and only to install all drivers and MFS2020. Frametime seems constant.

FYI, this is 4k ultra settings with no tweaks to ANY settings, no GPU OC. CPU oc set to auto in bios.

This is Medium setting in MFS2020 4K. near stable 60FPS.

Would like to thank all bros who tried to solve my problems. Finally able to fly!!! Fly safe all!!

1 Like

I read and followed most of the above, and like you, they did not work for me either.

Note: I just purchased an Alienware Aurora R11 over the Holidays 2020 and this… thing… is a beast of tech specifications. I won’t list here. You can check G or Alienware web site for that.

Anyhoo, I installed MSFS 2020 and got my Thrustmaster Flight T. Hotas, or whatever this flight joystick is called, ready for flying enjoyment but Ahoy! The rendering have these long pauses that eventually became so annoying that I found this page.

Well, I tried to follow every ‘expert’ advice here and there with no cure. Then I read about NVIDIA Geforce Experience have this game ‘Optimization’ for NVIDIA graphics card performance level as each PC configuration will definitely be different from mine.

So, after optimizing my rig (1TB SSD, i9 10-core 10th gen, NVIDIA RTX-2060 - Yea, I said I won’t list the specs) most of the original settings were downgraded or ‘optimized’ to MEDIUM.

That got me flying with 60fps most of the time at 2560x1440 (confirmed with the Geforce Experience HUD in-game display) resolution which is not bad at all. I’d rather have a decent visual rendering than have to endure these pauses specially upon trying to land on a tight runway.

Hope this helps you guys out too. I hope AMD Radeon have a similar solution. Good luck and enjoy flying to your favorite destinations !!

1 Like

Exactly I have the same problem after the last sim update , I got pauses and stutters ! -___-
I did everything and nothing happened.
I think it’s a coding problem by Asobo
I’m waiting for a new update …

3 Likes

The last update actually fixed the few stutters I had. From what I’ve seen most people complaints have more to do with trying to run at too high a render scale or to high a LOD which might be great at 10,000 feet but get near a big detailed airtport and their PC struggles despite it’s lofty specs.

Before anyone points out that render scaling isn’t true 4k they might want to understand that TV broadcasters and game producers use similar tecniques to deliver compressed content because true uncompressed 4k would run at 12 GB per second, way beyond that of most SSDs without them being paired up in a RAID 0 config.

Does anyone have any possible solutions to very long pauses? I have zero stutters, but these long pauses are frustrating to test this build. Looking at process manager, flightsimulator.exe goes in and out of a ‘not responding’ state and despite going into running state, its still pauses. Lasts a good 30-40sec. This is with great performance with lots of overhead in ram, cpu use, drive space. Nothing in community folder. Closed down some other programs that lay resident.
No other game does this, so this is something MSFS doesnt like. Yet I dont see many having this issue, so kinda points to something on my system it doesnt like.
Specs are i7-9700k, RTX 2080TI, 32gb 3200mhz

the problem is always there are soo many variables.
have you tried without ai traffic?
you need to tryout things.

Yup , no ai, preset wx, turned things off or to minimum. No difference. Hopefully it will be sorted out in the final build.