Solution for Stutters & Pauses (updated for SU5)

The modded versions of the EFIS screens like the G1000 have the ability to adjust the screen brightness while the MSFS standard does not. The screen brightness on the G1000 is accessed via the Menu button on the right side of the PFD. There you will find brightness % controls for both the PFD and MFD.

Thank you. figures, another bug or something. This is a fine kettle of fish If I can say so. They want it to be real world, but fail to included the proper buttons/functions so it’s a real world product.

Not a bug, but just underdeveloped. As is often the case, mods take up the slack.

1 Like

According to the last Q&A, they are implementing additional performance improvements in upcoming patch #6. This update is supposed to reduce the occurrence of “Limited by Main Thread” warning messages. On my machine, the stuttering seems to occur mostly when I see this indicator. Hopefully this will in turn reduce some of the stuttering.

3 Likes

Related to smoothness ı want to ask some advice. Which softwares do you use for frame locking ? I know RTSS and KSpecial are the popular ones. Are there any other which can be advised ?

Kind regards.

Yes and anyway with photogram on many buildings look like distorted lumps of melted cheese so I have it always turned off for both these reasons.

2 Likes

Meanwhile in update 6, all we can do is to wait for further optimization and patches, as we don’t have any chances to optimize anything ourselves?

Is this the final conclusion so far?

Edit: how do you deactivate photogrametry?

HOLY COW… 40+ FPS over PHX mostly ULTRA settings and ZERO stutters (they seemed to be getting worse) THANK YOU!!!

3 Likes

It would have been a good idea to introduce this from day 1. Trust me, if it were possible, I would roll back to alpha and stay there until this madness is over.

1 Like

Options, general, graphics - I think

Hi,

In Options/General/Data

The same old problems we all had in FSX are here again. Makes me wonder how much of this graphics/physics engine is new and what’s just modified old engine code with the same old issues!

3 Likes

Did you notice any difference after the patch? Stuttering is still horrible for me. It happens primarily in the airliners.

I saw a minor improvement with patch #6, maybe about +5 frames, but we’re being told now that the actual performance improvement which they talked about is coming in patch #7 now, next week. I haven’t really flown any of the airliners yet to be honest.

Good to hear thanks. I am still seeing performance issues with limiting by the main thread. It only uses one thread and even then doesn’t utilize the full potential which then puts the graphics card behind.

Hopefully this performance issues will be better soon.

Yes, I still have the same problem as well. If I fly the C152 or some of the simple GA planes it performs beautifully. The more screens and switches, the more CPU intensive, and then less performance. By forcing my FPS to 30, I get much better results.

Stutters are a problem in airliners for me too. Performance is flawless with GA aircraft, smooth as butter with 50 fps in 4K.

i7-10700
RTX 3080
48GB RAM
Running on 1TB SSD

1070 and 7700k, every 3-5 seconds stutter for 500msec…tried using older drivers at launch and just before which cured the issue for me in the past…no avail…

it even happens in the menu…in flight…everywhere

1 Like

for me it was the simconnect issue that was fixed a couple of updates ago.
it happened when I had my logitech panels attached which use simconnect. There was a problem and was fixed by Microsoft.
Don’t use old drivers, with the latest build you shouldn’t have any issues if everything is up to date.
Any antivirus other than the default from Windows?

nada…in fact everything was hunky dory until i reinstalled windows fresh…i was on insider build, but once in a while (like using handbrake ripping a movie) would give a bsod…i did my laptop to the same version as well and when the last round of insider builds both my laptop and desktop are bsod when they haven’t done anything like it for over a year.

i’ve verified the files in steam, which deletes all your OFFICIAL folder packages and causes you to update…the stutter is gone there…