(SOLVED) Fenix A320 EFB does not switch on

Hi and thanks for your help.
Finally I got it and the solution is, in my case, starting MSFS as Administrator.
But I have another problem: I see the passcode grid and, although I follow your instructions passing and holding mouse on fingerprint icon, the related EFB icons appear for a few seconds, then it asks me the passcode another time. I also tried to input 0000 as passcode.
Regards.

I don’t think it is as simple as that.
I couldn’t get the EFB going, then got it going last night , then this morning it wouldn’t start.
Then I started from scratch [signed in as Admin in Fenix & MSFSD], & it went ok.
I am still testing other liveries etc.
TG

Perfectly agree with you: now, as a second attempt, the EFB is still dark with avionics ok.
I think that Fenix has to solve this issue as soon as possible. I opened a ticket.
Kind Regards.

I’m just saying, there’s a very common fallacy which I call “my Sim works fine with every other aircraft therefore it can’t possibly be anything wrong with me“ As you noticed, you did have to change some thing on your set up to get something working. There is probably something else that is still causing a problem that you need to figure out.

The problem is that we don’t know how you’re computer and game are set up and how it differs from everyone else.

Can you run the Fenix application separately? Did you configure it before running the game? Did you install any non-official liveries?

Yes: I ran the Fenix app separately and configured. I use the official livery only.

That’s where I was last night.
The only change I made to get the EFB to open was to set ‘Render Displays On’ in Fenix to a GPU & start Fenix 1st, as Administrator, then MSFS as Administrator.
I have just loaded an Air France Retro Livery in Sydney & Avionics & EFB came up ok.
If EFB is ok it comes up with a Fennix Logo, then the key pad.
What I suggest you do is get out of everything.
Run any Cleaners you use, like C Cleaner.
Shut down the PC.
Restart
Open Fenix App as Administrator & login, then minimize it. [after you have changed to a GPU & saved, if you haven’t already]
Open MSFS as Administrator then pick the A320 Fenix logo aircraft & a depart. airport & then “Fly”
Hopefully that will give you the EFB.
TG

All this suggests to me I do not want this aircraft. Maybe in the future.

Hi. I followed, step by step, all your instructions, but the EFB is still dark.

If you can I would suggest waiting for an update.
I found that my Flaps, that are coupled to a lever on my Logitech Pro Throttle Quadrant work fine with the L-1049, BAE 146 & 737-700 & all my GA’s.
But not the Fenix A320! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
TG

OMG.
I would have a look at Avsim, there is a thread running there on this.
Can you fly the aircraft ignoring the dead EFB? Not ideal but curious whether it has other issues.
Good luck.
TG

Why? Almost everyone else is saying it’s fantastic.

I haven’t had a single problem.

No matter how perfect, there will always be some people that have issues.

Only the people who have issues are going to post in the forums.

I could try to make a fly, but sincerely I don’t have a big will to do that. The EFB is essential for the working logic of the Fenix A320.
I spent about 50 GBP to buy this software and I want it works in every its feature.
Regards.

I would ask in the Fenix forum/discord. Maybe someone there would have more information that could solve this issue.

I would like to know why. I can only say that my PC specs are in compliance with it and the Aerosoft CRJ, the PMDG B737 and the FBW works without any issue.

When you finally figure it out I’m sure it will be something simple. It always is.

I opened a ticket this morning. Still waiting for answer.

I thought they had a forum or discord or something

This from Avsim:

"Anyone having problems starting Cold & Dark as default? I click set it as default, it asks, it switches to C&D but next time I fire it up, it’s back in the default ready state.

There’s an issue with EFB settings being saved. Fenix is aware of it and working on a fix."

TG

1 Like

Could you please check how you operate your flaps?
Working ok?
TG

Works fine. I seem to avoid most of the reported problems (with many other aircraft) because I use a humble X-56 and always bind flaps to toggle switches. I’m not getting any fancy peripherals for a few years until MS fixes all these issues with them.