SOLVED / FIXED: FBW A32NX FMS pushes all VORs to end of flight plan. Other aircraft are fine

You’re telling me that the bunched-up VORs (they all have three characters!) which I can see from your own screenshot is a FBW’s choice?? Lol

By the way, if you had even done a little bit of investigating then you would know that after the SID GARDY4 typically comes a choice of Transitions. One of those you should know is “BEALE”. And further, if you looked at the waypoints in BEALE, then you would find that those are the same “fun waypoints” that you are referring to appearing after the SID (GARDY4) :slight_smile:

Now, to be fair to FBW, that BEALE leg insertion – which I didn’t ask for – is inserted from the World Map and not from FBWs own FMC logic.
Now, I tested this .PLN in the Just Flight BAe146 custom FMC (which also supports Simbrief by the way!), and it does handle these VORs correctly from my .PLN import, with no added reverse looping etc. Though the aforementioned BEALE transition shows up in that FMC too after the SID. But it’s easy to delete, and thus restore the original flight plan in its correct entirety in the BAe146 Professional. With the FBW however, I have the added task of correcting the order of the VORs – which you see in your screenshot all stuck together sequentially. Thank you for that – it has confirmed something useful!

Not exactly. I’m telling you that FBW has made a choice to not support World Map flight plans, whatever the consequences of doing so might be, but I think we’re arguing semantics.

Really?
Ok, read this:

And then the FBW Dev’s follow-up reply:

He says it’s a “known issue”.
Doesn’t sound anything like what you have implied.

If you want to quote me, include the context of my comment. What I said was “…I’m telling you that FBW has made a choice to not support World Map flight plans…”

I have no expectations that using the World Map flight plan would work correctly, so there’s no fuss on my end when I get something messed up when doing so. It doesn’t really matter if that issue is they don’t handle VOR’s properly, that the MSFS built-in flight planner doesn’t know what most of the procedure legs are, etc…

So, I just don’t use it. I expect it would be wrong if I did.

On the Fly By Wire website, in their documentation regarding world map flight plans, they actually specifically recommend you don’t import from the World Map into the plane. The pertinent statement is: “We recommend the flyPad flight plan sync feature is set to None”

Does anyone feel like singing “we’re on the road to nowhere…” regarding this thread

2 Likes

Already singing it the moment I read the first post and while I post my reply.

Or singing “burning down the thread (house)”
Not a bad band talking heads…

Anyway I’ve never had any issues with the A32nx and as soon as I discovered simbrief, I’ve never turned back to the world map, as soon as I discovered how bad the ATC was, I’ve never turned back since not even using ATC… maybe for ATIS but thats…

Alternate universe:

User 1: My FBW flight plan is messed up when I load in a plan plan from the world map. What’s up with that?

User 2: FBW doesn’t work with the world map.

User 1: Ok.

2 Likes

Or the other alt universe…

User one:
Ive downloaded A32nx and I cant use atc nor defult flight plan…

User two;
Sign up to simbrief for free and maybe chuck some $$ in the wind and try navigrah for a month… forget about atc…

User one:
Wow thanks. Ive tried your advise and WOW…
Ill never look back at the defult ever again… I can now even do all of these amazing approaches I’ve never knew existed…
Thanks user two for the advise…

User two:
Thats absolutely no problem at all :grin: that is what these forums are for, im glad you took my advise (that helped) and getting or finding a whole lot bigger world out there in msfs…

One fact is that you don’t need the paid navigraph to use simbrief, the free version with old airac is already better than world map plan.

Doing a bit of research here. How would you guys react if the world map support was dropped entirely ?

My quick answer would be that it probably would not affect how I fly the FBW (or the Headwind A330 now that Simbrief is supported properly there too), so it would likely be fine.

I would be curious what “dropped entirely” means, however. For example, I do like to load a .pln into the World Map so I get some ATC guidance along my path, even if there are occasional hiccups. I have the MSFS flight plan sync set to “None” and import to the MCDU with Simbrief. Would this still be supported with what you are envisioning?

Agreed. I like the in-game ATC. And it can work for simple flight plans and aircraft that are not the FBW A320, PMDG, Fenix, etc.

This would still work yes. I am talking about removing the “Sync MSFS Flight Plan” option.

I’m writing FMSv2 (slowly but surely) and I’ll have to rewrite the whole importer and maybe fix that VOR issue. But I wanna see if people care about this feature in the first place.

So, for all practical purposes, this would be like hardcoding “Sync MSFS Flight Plan” to “None.”

I can only speak for myself, but that would not be an issue.

I realize this may be a bit off topic, but since you’re here :slight_smile: do you have any expectations that the Working Title team’s supposed work on re-writing flight planning and ATC would make importing any easier for plane developers?

It isn’t really about how easy / possible it is, it’s just the time we have to spend on it as a group of volunteers. If it turns out to be a quick fix then sure I will do it so people can use the world map. Any improvements we will used for sure.

By the way - you load the .PLN file from the world map to get ATC, right ?

That would be cool. But regardless of the direction you take with World Map, I think many people would appreciate any reliable way of uploading a .PLN file. This could be done simply via an option in the FlyPad, or directly into the FMS?

1 Like

Yes, that’s correct. I’m not a VATSIM’er yet :slight_smile:

I think it depends. For me, it won’t be an issue, since I’ve been setting the sync to NONE anyway. If this is hardcoded to always be set to NONE, I’m fine with it. I’ve also been loading the SimBrief .PLN file into the world map for default ATC purposes, and they never interfere with the FMGC imported flight plan from SimBrief, so they already work well together.

But I guess from a usability purposes for other users, how likely it is that the default Asobo world map flight planner be improved in future Sim updates, will it be updated to have the same capability as the SimBrief flight planner engine? If so, how easy it would be to re-enable the sync function in the future, or if it’s worth it doing so even if the world map flight planner is improved to be on-par with SimBrief?