Live weather is still inaccurate - 1.15.10 update did not fix bug

Yeah that would be the best idea - I’ve also messaged the moderator who marked this thread as solved to let him know that the issue isn’t solved but haven’t heard back yet.

2 Likes

In game:
Interestingly the warmfont from the west, which was right over germany 3 hours ago (and shouldn’t have been) is now more to the west and thus nearer to where it is in reality. So obviously the gap betwen the time of the injected weathermodel and the time it should have been injected is getting smaller.

The map you have in-game there, is the same cloud formations I had in-game yesterday at around 22:00z, so sadly it’s still loading that forecast in about 12 hours too soon.

1 Like

Yeah, but I would have anticipated the cloud formation to proceed forward (meaning eastward), instead it is obviously “moving” westward, meaning the injected “snapshots” seem to be retrograde. If you compare my screenshot from 3 hours ago to the last one, you can clearly notice that the cloud formation was already over the middle of germany with denmark fully covered while now it is just over the western parts of germany with denmark largely uncovered. Nevertheless it is still a few hours in advance of the real thing.

Ahh yeah, I see what you mean. Something buggy definitely still going on then. I think as well as the bug where it’s grabbing the weather snapshot too far in advance, this may also be a case of the forecast from Meteoblue also being inaccurate with it’s timings of the fronts moving.

Due to this thread being marked as ‘Solved’ and as we have all discovered it clearly isn’t, I’ve opened a new thread in regards to the issues we are still facing. I’d recommend also giving that a ‘vote’ to try and help it get the dev’s attention:

Maybe what we have seen yesterday and what made us believe the problem (that I didn’t have before the 1.15.10 patch) was solved was just the matching of the forecast model being injected in a retrograde manner with the current weather situation around noon to afternoon, while with the injection of the next cycle in the evening the offset starts again. As my flights were mostly in the afternoon that would explain why I didn’t notice any discrepancy so far. Just guessing…

Yeah I’d agree, that makes sense as the checks I all did were in the afternoon also yesterday. When the Moderator messaged me to say he was making it as ‘solved’, I did say to him that we were all waiting to see what would happen around the late evening time yesterday to see if it would still have the bug of the weather model being too far in advance and indeed it was.

So yeah, sadly not fixed.

I’m getting thunderstorms in Texas when the weather is clear. Also, when the sim does show Clear skies there is still the thunder and lightning issue again that has been around for a while.

1 Like

Lightning everywhere were there is clouds

Nothing is [SOLVED] :

Here’s what the weather looks like at 0745Z for germany:

And here’s the game - and that weather clearly is from yesterday

I have the same Meteoblue map as yours at the moment

But the sim shows this world weather map for me:

It looks consistent with the meteoblue map

Strange that we don’t get the same game weather map

Just checked, and now I have the same as you. Something happened in the last 20 minutes. Let’s hope it will be consistent…

Btw… I am updating my Zendesk report regularly

Yep, that’s pretty odd

I notice the weather is animated (very slowly) on the sim world map
Does your clouds move slowly also?

Yes, but it seems to be a static animation, at least the slider for the time has no impact on the depicted weather situation

Indeed, the time slider just changes the sun position and night/day

But the live weather is always a copy/paste of the current latest meteoblue satellite weather map, whatever time of day you set

This is what I noticed on my end

Hello all,

“But the live weather is always a copy/paste of the current latest meteoblue satellite weather map, whatever time of day you set”

That’s correct, with this way all need to be working with Live weather. It need to be set independently to time of sim. It need to be as now at my sim place.

1 Like

weather still completely wrong. hasn’t been a cloud in the sky all day where I live and nothing but sun in the forecast for the next 3 days…in sim complete opposite

Just pathetic…

1 Like

Okay, time to check for “advanced weather” again. While yesterday it seemed accurate, today (May11th, 07:20Z) we have definitely future weather, although the conditions might seem accurate for many.
First the comparison of SAT/Game:

SAT

Game

Notice the cloud formation west of Spain which has yet to make landfall irl, while in-game it is already well past the coast.
And sure enough the situation at LECO, which is located right in the northwest corner of Spain, looks as follows:
METAR: LECO 110720Z 21008KT 9000 SHRA SCT025TCU 10/08 Q1017 TEMPO NSW
So from satellite image and METAR one would expect a clear sky, sprinkled with towering cumulus clouds and rain showers.
And here’s what it looks in the sim overhead LECO Iooking north-west (but it was the same all around and dark and rainy on the ground of course), a situation one would expect after the cloud formation hit land:

1 Like

Update: 0915Z and the in-game weather is now closer to reality, now the conditions mostly match the METAR (LECO 110900Z 21005KT 180V270 9999 SCT030 13/09 Q1018 TEMPO SHRA SCT030TCU ):

SAT (0845Z)

Game:

There seems to be a pattern where sometime in the morning the in-game weather is rectified.

1 Like