Solved: Not possible to close ATC Window after SU7 update

Since SU7 i can’t close the ATC window. I can minimize it but not close it.
I start with the ATC window OFF but when i open it, no closing any more.
Also the ATC log is black although the game setting is set to “ON”.
(i changed everything in Assistance back to my own settings instead of the default easy).

If i change the ATC window to a real Windows window, i can close it but then i’m unable to re-open it again or switch to the ingame ATC window.

Its the same with all of the toolbar windows. You can’t use the mouse or vr controller to close them down, only the hot key. Not only that, but you cant reposition the window, so its always stuck in your direct fov when open. I cannot believe that Asobo have released this as it is, basic things are completely broken and render the sim almost unusable.

2 Likes

The update reset most, or all of your settings in the Accessibility (I think that is what it is called) screen. In fact, all of the settings have been set back to “easy” and is why your seeing all of those windows that are helping you, such as ATC. You have to just go into that screen (it’s in the same location as where the options is located) and change whatever settings you want and move from easy to medium or hard. That will remove the ATC windows, along with all of the rest of them.

Edit: The screen is called “Assistance”

1 Like

I did set the Assistance back to my own settings after the update so that was not the problem.

I had some ATC stuff in the community folder that i didn’t move but copied instead before i updated to SU7. So instead of an empty community folder, it still got everything in it.
This messed with the ATC window and log and sound in SU7 (worked before up until SU6).

I have the same problem using VR; I reset all the accessibility settings to get rid of all the extraneous stuff but when I opened the ATC Window / Map etc I cannot move, minimise or close the Windows. As you rightly say, how on earth did this get through testing!!

1 Like

A workaround for this is; once a flight has been created and you sit on the runway, press Ctrl + 0. You now have your mouse back as pre SU7.
In control options make sure that your mouse is set to ‘default’ and this will return your pan and zoom facility in the world map.

1 Like