SOLVED: Regular Crashes to Desktop (only in DX11 though!)

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

CTD only with Addons (see below)

Brief description of the issue:

To sum up, the crash always happens when starting a flight in DX11 with all addons active. It does not crash when running in DX12, also there is no crash in DX11 when I deactivate the addons (safe mode).

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

No screenshot, direct CTD

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Load into the Fenix A320 when running in DX11, any airport

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

MSI GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Super 16G Gaming X Slim
NVidia Driver Version: 551.76

PC specs and peripheral set up:

PC:
MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32GB DDR4-3600
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Super 16G Gaming X Slim
M.2 SSD: Corsair Force MP510 480GB (for OS and some programs)
SATA SSD: 2x Crucial MX500 1TB (MSFS installed on one of these)

SW:
Win 10 Home 64bit, Version 22H2
NVidia Driver Version: 551.76

Flightsim SW:
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (current build)
FenixSim A320 (v2.0.0.392)
miniCockpit Data Link Software (for MiniFCU)
GSX Pro (v 2.9.5)
vPilot (for VATSIM)
Spad.next (for Saitek/Logitech Radio Panel)
Navigraph+SimBrief
FSLTL – FS Live Traffic Liveries

• Some liveries for the FNX A320 as well as the FBW A320neo
  • Payware and Freeware Sceneries (major European Airports)

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

1470758812831010048, type 5

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

current build

MSFSReport.txt (20.5 KB)

For the last few weeks I have been experiencing regular crashes to the desktop with MSFS in the FNX A320, but interestingly these only occur in DX11. In DX12, there is no CTD.

The crashes always happen after having loaded into the plane, mostly a few seconds or, at the longest, 2 or 3 minutes after having loaded into the cockpit. The sim directly crashes to the desktop, no error message on screen, only a crash dump is present (parts of this: see below).
When starting the sim in the safe mode, it runs smoothly, no crashes regardless if I am using DX11 or DX12. Only when having all add-ons (see below as well) active, does the crash happen. I deactivated GSX to see if it helps, but to no avail. I fear that it is being caused by the Fenix A320, but there is no evidence for that.

To sum up, the crash always happens when starting a flight in DX11 with all addons active. It does not crash when running in DX12, also there is no crash in DX11 when I deactivate the addons (safe mode).

PROCESS_NAME: FlightSimulator.exe
EXECUTE_ADDRESS: 7ffb92600000
FAILED_INSTRUCTION_ADDRESS: +0 00007ffb`92600000 ?? ???
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The memory could not be %s.
EXCEPTION_CODE_STR: c0000005
EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 0000000000000008
EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: 00007ffb92600000

MODULE_NAME: d3d11
IMAGE_NAME: d3d11.dll
STACK_COMMAND: ~189s; .ecxr ; kb
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:SOFTWARE_NX_FAULT_CODE_c0000005_d3d11.dll!CContext::RestorePipelineStateImpl_1_

My go-to solution for the time being is to only fly in DX12, but there are drawbacks to that, mainly being the blurry/bad/default texture squares that appear on many airports and which look disgusting. I am aware this is a known DX12 bug, but there is no solution for that.
I would like to have the sim running in DX11 again. With all Addos active, that is.

Anyway, this all happened after having installed the version 2 block 2, although I do not know if this update is the reason for the crashes. Anyway, the recent update from March 11 did not help to get rid of the CTDs.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Well, I just performed a complete flight on DX11, without any issue! What I did (among some other minor steps) was to delete the Nvidia Shader Cache and DX Cache. This seems to have solved the issue, at least for now. To do this, I followed this guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y2HaRwqbAY

Improve Stuttering & Performance | Clear Nvidia Cache Guide | Impro…

I hope this was indeed my issue and all landings will be happy (which means, I will get to land) from now on!