Some buildings are boxes after SU5 and 2 Hotfixes (and tiles that miss ai buildings altogether)- Issue still present WU6

It’s all over the UK. You can find spots like that in almost every city. either missing buildings completely, or ultra low quality “box” buildings.

Apparently removing WU3 solves the problem… but so many sceneries were changed to work with WU3 thats its going to break them if you remove it. I’m just avoiding the UK for now until Asobo fix this nonsense.

2 Likes

Hove today. Definitely something wrong on your side.

1 Like

Known problem! Often happends the second time you visit an area during a flight.

See these topics:

2 Likes

That suggests a problem with the cache. Easy to check by either deleting or disabling it.

1 Like

Good point! Will test later today!

1 Like

many places like this, not only in UK.
in France as well, random places.
in Asia, some parts of buildings walls missing.
I saw from other user, some default airport also have missing buildings and some walls or roof missing.

2 Likes

Yeah…maybe you wanna check what’s happening next to you mate

Sorry, what do you mean? I was posting a pic of it working fine, & commenting that something must be wrong in your setup?

1 Like

This is the same in the nordics, at least in Helsinki if you have the WU installed. Most of the city is flat and the rest of the buildings are of horrible quality. Uninstalling the WU fixes that.

2 Likes

Ιt is not MY setup OR ANY setup.
It is a widespread problem.

2 Likes

As others have said it happens all across UK and other places. It also seems to be completely random. I’ve been flying around my home town Liverpool and sometimes the autogen will be missing in patches and other times it will be fine. Local Cache is set to off and always has been, never used it so It’s not a scenery cache problem.

2 Likes

Fair enough, no harm intended. :slight_smile:
Hope you can get it sorted!
I too have many other bugs in my Sim.

1 Like

Interestingly I had the opposite result. I had been flying without a manual cache as I have a fast fiber optic cable connection and much of the landscape wasn’t loading in properly. I’d get super blurry textures, just burn ins where building should be, and cars driving on green fields with no roads.

Adding a 32GB manual cache fixed it for me, and it has been perfect for my last two flights. Of course, it might go wrong again and need to be deleted, restarted, but so far its better than not having the cache for me, even though I can download at upto 70 mb’s second and can download 100 GB of data in around 25 minutes.

Another linked thread here. Please raise a zendesk for this to get it addressed. I think it’s some kind of conflict with the regional building archetypes.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/problem-with-missing-incomplete-misaligned-scenery-around-edinburgh-on-xbox/434472?u=gordongreig

I’ve seen this same issue too, all over the UK but particularly in and around Edinburgh. It also seems as though a lot of the UK based autogen has been swapped for generic US style blocky buildings.

Additionally, has anyone else noticed anything weird going on with the servers today?

No changes on my end but there seems to be loads of scenery missing and the sims performance is all over the place. FPS is notably down (but so is GPU usage) and distant scenery has all but disappeared.

All this on a gigabit connection. The server ping times were horrendous about 10 minutes ago.

It appears that today,the same spot(Hove),with nothing changed by me,it is missing less 3d buildings than yesterday.It is still missing but now they’re less.

I have found a workaround for my issue with the nordics WU: in the content manager it is possible to choose which parts of the WU to download, so I just left the “procedural buildings” out, and now I have a beautiful Helsinki again with all the buildings and landmarks!

5 Likes

I didn’t have the missing buildings issues in the UK but I did have poor performance and the pop in/out graphics seemed worse there than other countries.

I uninstalled the UK world update, restarted sim and then reinstalled the UK world update and it’s ok now.

I have since done that with all the world updates just in case.
Just be aware if you try this and have 3rd party scenery addons in these locations, you might need to reinstall those as well.

i will try that
Look as well in Edinburgh
Rediculous.Are they aware of these ones?

Yeah Edinburgh is looking a bit odd to me too but then again I think the last time I visited it in the sim was before WU3, so I’m not sure what it looked like then.

1 Like