Some buildings are boxes after SU5 and 2 Hotfixes (and tiles that miss ai buildings altogether)- Issue still present WU6

LOL
So…this happened.
I uninstalled the Uk update and re installed it. Flew to Hover and still some parts were flat 2d
Went to Edinburg and got back some buildings but the train station and all stadiums were flat !!
Went to options to do a DEFAULT setting just in case.Guess what ? CTD :joy:

I found the solution to all of these problems.
You go to www.flightsim.to and download from there all the photogrametry that’s missing.
LOL Simple as that.
All is beautiful again.
It is not a wise move to uninstall the world update cause then you’re missing the wonderfull ground elevation which makes it lovely to fly low with a spitfire.I know that cause Greece has similar landscapes with the UK but is missing the updates and therefore is a FLAT map(besides some very little addons that i found on that site as well)
Cheers

Just uninstall the procedural buildings from the world updates, not the whole updates. Everything is back to normal as far as building density!

I presume we’re missing some newer building types that were added, but it’s a small price to pay for getting the world looking like it should again. So good to see Edinburgh looking like a city again!

Not ideal, but a great solution until they fix it properly.

2 Likes

But if you see the addon from Flightsim which the community rips from G.Earth,they are superior.Now that the sim is multicore friendly,there are no stutters close to any addon(for me at least)

I’ve seen plenty of addon PG thanks. It’s not for me. I find it all to be of a pretty poor quality at the altitude i fly at (under 1000ft) I’d rather have autogen than poor PG
Each to their own. :slight_smile:
You’ve provided a solution, I’ve suggested an alternative. They both work, that all that matters.

2 Likes

Just a thought… I dont think you should have marked this as solved. We haven’t solved anything, just have workarounds. If you mark it as solved we have even less chance of them taking any notice of the real issue.

Happy flying!

2 Likes

You’re right.I will take it back

1 Like

But for the moment.Here it is.God bless the community of all those guys who make their “own” scenery.
Edinburg is ok.I also downloaded Brighton and Glascow.It’s only 6Giga all of them

3 Likes

Seems like the fix/work around with removing Procedural Buildings from World Update V did the trick for me as well!

1 Like

I have this problem too!! Helsinki is now ugly as H*ll!

1 Like

How you fix this on xbox series x?

Assuming Xbox works the same way as PC:

• Go to Profile → Content Manager
  • Select World Update V: Nordics
  • Now, click the list icon (see screen shot below) and it will display all the individual modules for the World Update.
  • Find Procedural Buildings and delete it!

2 Likes

Right… same way for xbox users

Easiest to just type “Procedural” in the search box on that page and you’ll get all the procedural buildings from all the world updates in one list. Delete the lot of them!

@SAKISAPPOLON I’ll grab the Edinburgh PG and give it a try. Looks good from there :slight_smile: lets see how good it looks at 400ft in a helicopter!

3 Likes

I just unistall the game and download it again, also update all world updates, and this works to me! Helsinki and other city looks now normal. I think there is something with update 5 and hotfixes that make a Mess with terrain somehow?

I assume you’re talking pc?

No, im on xbox series x

Μaybe wanna check tags next time

I tried yesterday the same procedure. Anyway, total reinstalling MSFS “clean”, didn’t solve the problem, also mantaining empty the “Community” folder.
I talk about UK sceneries (Belfast, for example).

Thanks! It solved my problem over Stockholm! :+1::smiley:

1 Like