Some ILS approaches dont line up with the runway

So does Runway ILS 25 at EGNT Newcastle offset to the left dam nuisance

Conclusion till now is;
If you turn “Assisted Landing” in Assistance menu on, Autopilot system will be also replaced to “easy one”, which makes ILS approach in some RWY & Airport strange. (Not all RWY).
So please check if your setting of flight model Modern or not. and if Assisted Landing is off.

LOC issue resolved

I believe almost lineup failure cases in this thread can be resolved by setting change above mentioned.

However, I have additional issue that Nav data of some RWY has wrong data input.
e.g. ILS course of RJGG 36 is 356deg in real life (ILS chart) and the actual runway 36 in sim also 356deg,
but input course in FMC is fixed to 349, which is always deviated by 7 deg…
This deviation always makes my plane land to the left of RWY.
I believe this is stupid bug, which programmer input the wrong Nav data to scenery and compiled, so I sent ticket to Zendesk to correct Nav data… I’m not sure how many runway with wrong Nav data in MSFS2020. I just heard that this issue is from old version of MSFS…

Airports in China have the same ILS issue. Vertical ILS is OK, but Horizontal lands you on a taxiway instead of runway. Noticed this on airports with Y and Z ILS approaches.

Hello all,
I just made an ILS approach at Nice airport on runway 4R with Cessna Citation, but the touch down took place between runway 4R and runway 4L, precisely on the taxiway. I tried again thinking I was doing something wrong, but I landed on the taxiway again. Could you check?
Thank you.

1 Like

The ILS Localizer for LFMN runway 04R is wrong. Litte Navmap shows it going directly to the taxiway.
Try 04L, this should work.

Read and Vote, please. It is important.

1 Like

LFMN is one of my favs because of the variation in scenery, and I also noted the Ils-approach is faulty. Strangely this also occurred in previous Sims (P3d).
Unfortunately LFMN has more failures like the Gateways. When parking at gate 41 you’ll be directed beyond the actual gate (you have to go through) to reach your parking place. Also there are Gateways which aren’t attached to the terminal, at least on my sim. Can you verify this?
Thanks in advance :wink:

also LIPQ ils is not aligned with the runway 09

Represented at Pudong 34R ILS Z approach…
It seems localizer indicates the center but my plane landed between RWY and Taxiway…
New problem for me.

and LFMN (NICE) 04R approach, too…

also LIME ils is not aligned with rwy 28

Same issues here. Most runways have this issue with a320. ILS lines up left.

all ils…rnav approaches tried at various airport… the signal sends me to the right of the runway

You might want to actually list the airports (and aircraft flown) in question rather than just saying “various”, because IRL, some ILS beacons are way off to one side or other of the runway.

EDIT: Just to be sure, I just did an ILS approach at Gatwick in both directions - poor vis, and raining hard. ILS brought me down almost perfectly all the way to the threshold, both Localizer and Glide Slope lined up with the runway properly.

Simple solution: Turn off Landing assist! There you go.

I just did ILS 27 at HKT does same thing, to the right into the trees outside the perimeter fence. I was doing IFR poor visibility. So I guess it is the real life version which is offset by 1.4 degrees.

I do not have landing assist on.

I have tried some other ILS and they do work, so I think it is certain airports and have to go check chart to make sure its not some offset.

DMK 21L
BEY 16
KRT 36
EDW 22

It’s worth a looking at Google Maps - the ILS antennas are a quite large and obvious linear array the width of the runway, usually showing up as a series of around 15 to 30 concrete blocks or a long strip. You should be able to spot them and compare to the sim (Little Navmap helps with this).

Why would I visually look at ILS systems to see if its lined up right? the easier way is to go to fsxmap.com and click on an airport and make sure the ILS and runway heading match exactly, that means it is a perfect ILS installation, others will have the ILS and runway at different degrees. the higher, the more off.

Why? Because the data in the sim might not match real world, and an actual photographic reference can attempt to confirm this. Also, I was referring to some ILS being OFFSET - not necessarily just aligned differently. For example, EGXW (RAF Waddington) The ILS array is 130m away from the runway centre, and on a slightly different alignment.

Additionally, there is a clue in the name FSXMap, not MSFSMap, the data is not current, and in the case of my example, incorrect to both MSFS and the real world.

According to FSXMap, ILS 21 is 206degrees and Runway 21 is at 204.7degrees with the ILS path shown right up the centreline of the runway.

However, according to LittleNavmap using MSFS & NaviGraph Navaid data, the ILS is RW20, the runway is 20, at 202degrees.

You can turn on the google map imagery in FSXMap and see that this is the case - because the number 20 is painted on the runway, & the ILS is clearly offset 130m to the RH side at the southern end, and you can also see a very small offset in the ILS alignment compared to the runway heading. It certainly is not down the centreline.

1 Like

Hi All

When I first bought the SIM i had a nightmare with ILS, then as the updates flowed it seem to fix itself.

However today flying to Barcelona LEBL (LatinVFR Scenery) I was to far left

And again today EGGD Bristol (UK2000 Scenery) I was again too far left

This was working before, is this a bug is something to do with the add on scenery?

I spoke to LATINVFR who said its MSFS and will be fixed in release 6, I am not so sure

Thoughts?

I have the same problem in several French airports. Glad to know that I’m not alone. I’ve tested with a Cessna CJ4 and a A320neo and they behave the same concerning the ILS alignement ! So it’s probably the way that airports are coded that are at cause…