Some Keyboard Commands Constantly Repeat Action While Holding Key

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Brief description of the issue:

Some keys (seemingly randomly) will continue to repeat the command as long as the key is pressed.

For example, pressing the “toggle drone” key will very quickly toggle the view between drone and normal view back and forth over and over and over again very quickly (as long as the key is pressed, instead of a single time). So even if you just tap the key qucikly, the toggle will fire off several times and you don’t know which view you’ll end up in.

This is happening with several keys across the letters, number, and numpad. It essentialy makes the sim unflyable as you don’t know what the keys are going to do.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

here is a video example I made to show exactly what I mean: strobe (streamable.com)

In the video I have numpad 4 assigned to custom view 4. Normally pressing numpad 4 will toggle a single time between the custom view and previous view. However this key is broken in the way I’ve explained above. However numpad key 5 behaves as expected (single press, single camera change).

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Last version, but continuing on this version as well

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes, similar

Load into flight, in cockpit set 2 or more custom camera views, set the keyboard command to “toggle next custom camera view”, press assigned key to move to next view, notice that the single key press advances the custom camera views at least 2 positions instead of 1.

not really able to screenshot but I’m happy to screenshare with someone from the support team.

I’ve also noticed this. Very frustrating. What used to be a single click of the flaps extend button would result in one notch of flaps extending; now it results in 2 or 3 stages extending. Similar behaviour with the cockpit views changing then reverting back to the previous view. It is as though multiple presses are being registered with a single press of a button.

I noticed that it mostly happens (haven’t confirmed 100% reproducibility) if you have 2 different buttons assigned to the one command. For example Custom Camera 1 on keyboard has default shortcut ‘Alt + 1’. I added a second custom key as ‘Numpad 1’ which used to work fine before, but now, using either of the two commands results in this double click behaviour.

Fix: Set both commands to the same (in this example I changed the default box to ‘Numpad 1’ also).

This is happening across multiple peripherals.

I have solved this completely on my end.

Issue is any key commands assigned in the right column have the bug.
moving all of the key commands I want to the “left” action column fixes the issue for me.

they can’t be in the right column at all

1 Like

Yes, same behaviour but across multiple peripherals

A single press of a button (on keyboard / any other peripheral) results in multiple commands being sent (for example a single press of ‘incrementally extend flaps’ results in multiple notches of flaps being extended.
This appears to happen on actions which have 2 different commands mapped to the single action.
Fix: map the same button twice for each action/command.

I also noticed this, but some commands I had to duplicate in both columns to get the expected behaviour.

Although it is definitely related to commands mapped in the ‘right’ column, as you pointed out.