Some reasons why I rate this game 2 out of 5 stars after playing for 9 months

There is a lot of weird things that will happen to you in XP even with addons, XP is far from perfect so I don’t understand the flak MSFS catches at times. My father who flies the 737 for AAL as a Captain doesn’t understand the crosswind behavior on rollout with the Zibo 737, it doesn’t make sense to him.

Ok so I flew this evening for the first time in while and crashed. I couldn’t understand why, the controls are all moving. On my third attempt having carefully checked my control calibration I take an outside view and none of the control surfaces were responding despite the fact that the controls inside the cockpit were moving. And you ask why MSFS gets flak! This is why, its not reliable.

What aircraft is this? I’ve never came across this myself and it would be interesting to do some extensive testing.

The 152. I tried duplicating it again moments ago but it was ok this time. Really odd!

That’s really odd, that’s pretty much all I fly in MSFS (with the mod).

I think the author misses the whole point.
The operative word in the whole thing is SIMULATOR and therefore not the full real thing.
If that’s what is wanted then go get a pilots licence.
I have been along for the ride on flightsim since nearly the beginning and what we have now is spectacular.
I feel that many simmers have some unrealistic expectations and need to probably dial it back a bit.
Having been an rwp there is a lot lacking in areas, however, the sim is only just over a year old and is still an infant. Give it time to mature a bit and we will probably see huge advancements in the next twelve months to two years.

7 Likes

Yeah it is an odd one. I have never seen it before to be honest. Somebody suggested in another thread that it was connected to using the mouse for moving the view, a bug, but who knows?

lol you could say the same thing about Intel if I supported it and say AMD is better. Im a Intel boy When someone says fan bravos It has zero credibly.

Personally I use TrackIR to look around.

3 Likes

If the autopilot is engaged and you steer manually its gonna do funny things, give it a try. Engage autopilot, and gave some input on the roll axis, you will see the in-sim yoke move in opposite direction compared to your control input :clown_face:.

I agree, although I was really disappointed in the beginning when I found out the same flawed radio phraseology is being used from FSX, the weird pushback commands relayed via the tower, no offset approaches, even the FSX G1000 had more functionality than the MSFS G1000 in the beginning.

It is getting better but in a lot of areas it lacks even behind FS2004. Overall its an improvement but that is mainly caused by the graphics. My biggest issue with MSFS currently is the flawed autopilot logics, just engage the autopilot, give input on the roll axis and see what happens, its a comical implementation.

2 Likes

Yes I would agree but Autopilot wasn’t engaged, not by me at least and I am unaware of it coming on by itself at the start of a flight without physically switching it on. The controls were moving correctly for my inputs but nothing was happening to the control surfaces, literally nothing, they were not moving at all.

I don’t want to use any headtracking method that implies to move my head. I just feel confortable looking at the screen with my head in the right possition. That is why I prefer to use the mouse to look around.

I play most of the time using external camera view, and there is no way to move the distance of the camera forward and backward. The mouse only let me look around, but I can not change the distance from the observer to the plane, and many times the distance by default is totally wrong. The zoom option (wheel mouse movements) is something just unusefull, it just makes a deformation of the world, and that is something that I never want to do.

2 Likes

DROGUSA

7d

Is this game perfect… no. I do look forward to updates and they are actively working on them, so I am not worried at all.

For me the game has been a pleasurable experience both graphics and sim wise. I enjoy exploring the world and planes and find it very relaxing.

I’m surprised that photogrammetry works as well as it does. Yes, I can see my house! :smiley:

I give it a solid 4.7/5 money well spent.

THIS!
5 Likes

How is IFR missing 100%?

Ok its perfect, if thats what you think

No, there is a difference between 100% missing and not working perfectly.

Name a plane that can do IFR? 100%, not getting into a argument but expect TCAS working, weather radar working, maybe you are right maybe a bit harsh expecting 100%. But 50% would be nice

Can you plan a flight and fly the plan, from gate to gate? Like this? I’d say it’s much more than 50%, but I maybe mistaking.

Was it ILS approach or Vnav approach, cant be bothered to look through a video thankyou. Does the A320 do a VNav approach? No does a320 have TCAS…