Sometimes, FS gets your heart racing…

I like others have issues with the “realism” in certain aspects of the sim, but…There are moments that make it all worth while…

I was flying the WT CJ4 from Sacramento, CA (KSMF) up to Medford, OR, Rogue Valley (KMFR). The weather was cloudy with rain. The ILS approach follows a small valley where Rogue is located, and at the last waypoint, you make sweeping turn onto final, only about 3-4 miles from the runway.

Starting the approach, I decided to fly it all, hand flying. Mix in some 15-20mph winds, no visibly and rain…I have to say, it got my heart going. Hand flying, managing throttle, following the glide scope, with no visual references through the windshield…yeah, I was in the moment…I finally broke out of the the clouds and overcast at about 400 feet, while making that sweeping turn on to final…Had about 10 seconds to square myself up to the runway…cut throttle at the threshold…and greased the landing while managing a 18kt crosswind…

Two days later while flying into KSMF, I landed off to the left, bounced once, and almost skidded off the runway…on a clear, calm day…lol

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.