Sorry..TBM and Caravan AutoPilot Issues *** SOLVED..for me anyway ***

I’ve read several of the other threads regarding this issue and nothing seems to work. After 10/15 minutes auto pilot just starts making crazy turns. Made sure I’m on modern flight, made sure of trim and weight and balance…everything recommended by the other threads yet the issue persists (seems like it only started in the past week or so as I never remember having issues until now). Any other suggestions or recommendations? King Air 350I works fine - only the TBM930 and Caravan seem to be a mess. Any help is appreciated!

Same trouble on stock TBM and CJ4.

For the TBM the G3000 mod makes a big difference. There is also a wonderful mod for the TBM. As for the CJ4, an enormous amount of work has gone into making this possibly the most realistic aircraft in the sim. Don’t even bother with the stock versions of these aircraft.

The G3000 mod and the CJ4 mod can be found here:
https://www.workingtitle.aero/packages/

The best mod imo for the TBM is by @mixMugz, and can be found here:
https://flightsim.to/file/8288/tbm930-improvement-mod

I have 280 hours TBM930 IFR flights ( modded TBM as indicated by StevoSim above) .
It’ s flying very well. No AP issues.

Nice to find out I am not the only one having issues!

I made an IFR flight the other day and the TBM acted strange in some situations. It never popped to my head that there could be a bug which caused the issues I had. I will check out the modded version on the weekend.
Thank you for sharing!

Thanks everyone. I’ll give the mods linked above and see if they help. Appreciate the responses!

This helped a lot:

Also get the mods

Thanks masszukidad. Fortunately I am fairly familiar with AP and have used it without issue many times. What I’m finding now (particularly with the TBM and Caravan) is that after AP works correctly for some time it just automatically starts to turn sharply (uncontrollably and without any input from me). I can’t understand why it would work for a little while then just decide not to work suddently. Very frustrating. Good video though!

1 Like

Thanks StevoSim!

had this issue with Cessna 172 and C208.
Autopilot works good and sometimes, gone crazy (with or without using this buggy dynamic pause, it is worse after a dynamic pause). It can’t be trusted. And it is like this since 1 years ago.
Lot of updates / world updates / VR / xbox version soon / but not a functionnal AP at all time…

Make sure to have nav1 enabled in the mfd

No joy! Downloaded the above recommendations, hopped into the Caravan, set everything up and took off. Engaged AP, set ALT and VS, engaged NAV (PFD was set to GPS) and aircraft flew as intended for a minute then suddenly turned left and dove. WTH?!?

Try rebooting your PC. This happened to me a long time back. Some data may not be released from cache mem or temp files may not have been deleted.

Hope this helps.

That’s weird. Are you using the WT G1000 mod with the caravan?

I should mention that the caravan unfortunately hasn’t had a lot of work done on it and its flight model is poor. If you like flying smaller GA aircraft (as I do!) then I highly recommend the G36 mod which has made the Bonanza wonderful to fly. Use that in conjunction with the G1000 mod and you’ll have hours of fun.

Bonanza mod thread

G1000 mod

Did you turn off all the control input user assists? ie set them to ultra realistic / “hard”?
(There have been reports that the user assists can interfere/conflict with autopilot control)

I’m using the unmodded version without any problems.
Have you tried increasing the sensitivty settings?
That’s a reported behavior with some aircraft if it’s too small and it then interferes with the AP.

I saw this mentioned in another post and here is where it gets interesting. I set everything in User Assists to ‘Ultra Realistic/Hard’. I then try flying and AP goes nuts. I then go back to User Assists and the ‘User Experience’ one is alway somehow changed to ‘Medium’. Not sure if this is the cause but no matter what I do it always gets reset to medium after trying to fly. I’ve removed everything from my Community folder, checked and rechecked by AP settings, NAV, ALT, TS and all that and nothing seems to work. Again, I’m fairly experienced with this sim and never had AP issues with the Caravan until early last week. Don’t know what changed. Tried with and without any mods to the AP system above and no luck. Getting VERY frustrated. Starting to wonder if I should reinstall but I’ve seen threads from others who tried this stating it didn’t work either.

Pretty sure I do but I’ll try to confirm on my next flight. I always like to land with ILS if possible and this requires NAV1 to be on in order to work but hey…never know, might have forgot. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for your input!
I have deactivated everything in regards of assistances or helping mechanisms aswell. I will try to fiddle around with some of those settings, maybe that’s where the problem lies?

Just tried another flight with the Caravan AP and no luck. User Experience set to Ultra/Hard, NAV1 correctly updated for ILS, took off with no AP on. Climbed to 2,000 ft, turned on AP, set ALT for 6,000 ft and as soon as I hit VS to set my climb rate aircraft banked sharply to the left and went down/crashed. Immediately went back to Options and my User Experience had changed to Medium. I have no idea what to do at this point. Nothing in my community folder, no AP mods or anything. Nothing works. Am I not setting something correctly in the cockpit before engaging AP? At my wits end!!