Sound issue about payware

Hi everyone.

I’m a bit concerned about the payware planes available. MS put lot of effort to make the sounds as real as it get and I really appreciate but as now lot of planes are available as payware, they make money with their products but they don’t care about the sound. Either they replied to me as it’s too expansive or they don’t have access to the real plane. But a plane without a good sound is very bad. It’s like buying a Ferrari with a different sound than the real one.

I just bought the new Aerolite 103. Very nice looking plane, good flight model but the sound is totally OFF. The author replied he don’t have acces to the real one. I paid $20 CND for that, I want the correct sound. I’m no more in FS2004, I’m in MSFS ! If only I would be able to use the Icon A5 sound, that would be much better. Someone can do that ?

I’m really affraid buying planes because of the sounds. I wouldn’t get a B707 with the sound of an A320 you know ! I just don’t understand with MS let the third party devs lowering the quality of the sim because they don’t have money or acces to the plane. It’s a shame to me.

André

You can easily do it yourself, it isn’t hard!
Here is a link to a post where I described how to do it.
Same procedure, just different aircraft in the example.

Thanks but seems a bit tricky with the layout.jsn file. That was much easier with FS2004. I’m missing TSS sounds.

André

I thought it was going to be as well.
It actually couldn’t be any easier.
All you do is place the MSFS Layout Generator.exe in the file where the current layout.jsn file is, after all the changes are made.
You then click and drag the current layout.jsn on top of the MSFS Layout Generator.exe, and let go.
That’s it, it’s done!

And where you take MSFS Layout Generator.exe ?

André

Here is a link:

Hi there,
I have moved your post to Third Party Addon Discussion. Any topics on purchased, freeware, and modded aircraft go there. Thanks!

Ok, thank for that.

1 Like

Thanks you for the link. I’ll check that.

André

1 Like

All this is doing is ALIASING the sound from ANOTHER AIRCRAFT. This does not create aircraft accurate sound sets. OP is bemoaning the fact that some payware aircraft are not coming out with full super deluxe sound packages like the default aircraft do.

As a developer this is something that we are tackling right now with our upcoming aircraft release. Any existing sound set is made for the FSX/P3D sound engine and when compared to what is available in MSFS is quite limited, the sound quality too is also vastly improved over FSX/P3D. So this requires that we need to either acquire a whole new sound set mixed using the new WWise system or stay with the limited sounds we have. WWise is quite new to most developers so there is a MASSIVE learning curve we are facing for this sound system on top of the changes to everything else.

This means we have to either take the time to learn the software ourselves or pay a contractor to do that for us. Those sound engineers with the skills to create WWise sound sets are able to charge (rightly) quite a hefty premium at the moment that I’m sure most smaller studios like ours are unable to afford for a release product. Some developers like DC Designs are updating their aircraft after release and so you may find your favourite plane gets better over time. Other developers perhaps are unable to spend this time or funds on an already released aircraft and have to move onto the next one.

We really have NO IDEA how much effort, dedication and skill goes into creating the aircraft we fly until we try to create one ourselves.

OP paid CND$20 for the Aerolite 103. Well I feel that is very good value for money. Pretty sure those sounds are close to the real thing, but that’s also a budget price so unless it sells like hotcakes, there may not be a lot of incentive or return for the developer to further improve the product. From all reports I’ve seen from YT like @BelGeode et al, it’s a great fun aircraft and pretty decent value for money. Value however is subjective so YMMV.

TL:DR Creating aircraft is hard AND expensive. All devs are still learning the intricacies of this new sim and things will improve with greater experience.

2 Likes

I fully understand your point. I found the problem with the Aerolite sound. The muffler volume is too loud compare to the engine one. If the author can balance the volume, that would be great. Because the muffler sound is too loud, it looks like the engine is always running at idle.

Why Turbine Sound Studio are able to create so beautiful sounds ? It’s sad they are not producing sounds for MSFS.

According to your point, does this mean the future classic planes like B707, DC8, etc won’t benefit of real sounds ? Usually I don’t buy planes if the sound is not good but to date I bought the MB-339 with incorrect sound and now the Aerolite. I hope PMDG DC6 will be like the real one.

André

Thanks for the post.
It is indeed a VERY good deal at $20.00
What aircraft could $20.00 buy you in P3D or XPlane?
The answer is simple, next to nothing.

The sounds that are with it are quite fine for an aircraft of this price range, and your post explains the difficulty and cost factor involved that allows this aircraft to be priced as such.

However, like the old saying, “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”, sound is quite subjective.
What one person thinks of as real, may not be by the next person.
The drawing card of a sim is that you can make your sim into your version of reality.
If the OP wants a sound set that they feel sounds nicer to them, it can be done easily, so all in all, that is a good thing.
They are now a lot happier with their purchase, and will soon realize that it is indeed a fun plane to fly and well worth the money.

I did a lot of ultralight flying in real life. The sound is stopping me from buying this. It does not bring the immersion needed with the current sound. Find any video on youtube of the Aerolite and the difference in pitch is massive. I hope they change this. It would have been a no brainer purchase for me otherwise.

I totally agee your point. It’s why I post this thread. I wrote to them and they don’t really matter the sound is not real. I also watched a couple of youtube’s videos and the pitch is very high. The plane is nice to flight but without the correct sound, less interesting. Like a Ferrari with a sound of a Toyota car.

Did you create a new json file for the aerolite? If so, would you share it?

1 Like

Above in this thread is a link and instructions on how to create your own with MS Layout Generator.
It is really easy.
Sound issue about payware - #4 by TheSevenflyer.
Just below this link’s post, is a post with a link to MSFS Layout Generator.

Were you able to get the Aerolite 103 sound sorted out? I agree 100% it sounds like sh–. like a home generator. I asked the dev about it and they just gave me a snarky reply that they pretty much don’t care how it sounds. It should be easy to alias to any of the rotax powered light sport aircraft in the game, but reading the thread here it looks like its a somewhat difficult process. they say its easy, but it doesn’t seem so. If you have a better sound set, or file tree, could you post it up on Flightsim.to?

Up-vote! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Anyway, Asobo will release a nice UL plane in two weeks with a real sound, so I’ll get this one.

André

I never got it sorted. Easy to some people is overly complicated to others.