Sound / static from speakers while in game

I could use some help please ! I’m not the best on computer gaming pc’s but I am trying to use Microsoft Flight Sim and having a sound issue . I am running the latest update, thru Steam. Unfortunately I get a lot of background static from my speakers when I’m in the game. It starts on the opening window and last during the entire playtime. I tried to adjust the sound controls and ad no luck :frowning:
Does anybody know what may be causing the loud static in the background when playing. Listening to Live TV, Streaming TV, Online Music and other misc. web sites with sound is fine. Just can’t figure it out. ANY Suggestions how to fix this issue ? Thank You very much

If you go to Device Manager and look under ‘Sound, video and game controllers’, what do you see? Try changing the output device from within the game.

I show 3 choices. INSIGNIA USB MIC Device
NVIDIA HIGH Definition Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

I get an ststic backgroung noise when I’m loading MSFS and when It fully loads I still get the static background when playing ? Can this be corrected ???

Hi there, Could be anything from your speakers to your internet connection, I would assume… What type of speakers do you have? Does it happen all the time?

recently mentionned few time my past experience, when my CPU was on heavy load, my pc started to make huge noise (clacking, sound desync etc), I was suspecting drivers issues, tried various with no fix, tried different speaker thinking that may due to a faulty plug using headset fixed the issues, for month I have been doing with this workaround, until other issues appears like interferences with LAN port …
are you equiped with an UPS ? asking because investing in such kind of equipment probably saved my motherboard and fixed all my issues !

Hi Twister, I have KRK Roket 5In monitors. I only get this static when I’m loading and playing MSFS. other then that the speakers sound fine in Music , Video and Speak mode. I just think it has something to do with MSFS. Any Suggestions ???

1 Like

I too have these loud very annoying static or whining noise coming from speakers which happens when only playing MSFS. My speakers are Audioengine A2+ desktops. I have a IOGEAR 2-Port Dual View DisplayPort KVMP Switch and the speakers are wired to the KVM and support dual monitors so that I may switch between to different computers. As I said this absolutely ONLY happens when loading and playing MSFS, There is no noise when using the speakers for any other stand alone application or within any browser (Firefox, Chrome, Edge).

If I go to Device Manager and look under ‘Sound, video and game controllers’,
Digital Video Recorder
HD 4.50BTNC
HD 4.50BTNC Hands-Free
Logitech BRIO
NewTek
NDI Audio
NewTek WDM Kernel Streaming Driver
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
Realtek(R) Audio
VelocityOne Flight
YetiX

I would be very happy with a solution for this issue.
Thanks and have a great day…

1 Like

Has anybody come up with a solution to this Static Issue only when in MSFS ?