Southampton and Portsmouth 3D photogrammetry completely removed after World Update 3

Asobo secretly removed Southampton and Portsmouth 3d photogrammetry completely and replaced it with autogen instead. A massive downgrade.

Perhaps this was the reason for the 3 delays of World Update 3? Perhaps Asobo couldn’t get new and old data to work together? Either way, this type of content removal shouldn’t be discrete.

4 Likes

thankfully I have recorded tours of both on my youtube channel. Hope we get them back soon!

That’s really disappointing. Could we have an official comment on this please?

2 Likes

Maybe Asobo finally run out of disk drive to store more pg cities.

1 Like

Both cities are streamed online from Bing maps and not stored locally.

First place I flew from and first thing I noticed, hope they bring it back :frowning:

I am still downloading, but a friend tried Bristol and said there was no photogrammetry, once he rebooted all was well.

Just a thought?

lol… :grinning:…it`s always something!

Hum I did notice performance problems in VR over Southampton down low. Maybe has something to do with that!

Any more News on this ? Just been looking at the Update Trailer and all the 3D Data is there in that

There’s a few squares of southampton scenery still in photogrammetery. But only like 2 square miles. Whole harbour and more inland areas are broken.

But this tells me they did not remove it, but it’s a scenery error

Hello! I’d love to report this - if anyone is experiencing this issue could you also post some screenshots of it here? Thanks so much.

8 Likes

Going to make some now

1 Like

sorry, it was portsmouth that still had some photogrammetery left… Southampton completely gone!

2 Likes

1 Like

Hope this gets fixed asap. I do 99% of my flying from lee on solent and Round Portsmouth

2 Likes

Why would they even do that? It makes no sense. Southampton looks nothing like Southampton anymore.

2 Likes

Also want to let You know its all surrounding areas of these areas too. Before update they were also 3D but no longer are

Thank you! Working with the testing team now. Do you have a recommended airport in this area they should take off at to reproduce the bug and ensure they are in the same area?

For those experiencing this issue can you confirm you have the following settings enabled:

Want to make sure both Bing Data and Photogrammetry is enabled. Thank you!

2 Likes

Did you guys download the actual UK update from the marketplace? Another 5GB after the 22/23 big part.

1 Like