Southport Pier Freeware released

Hi Guys,
I have today uploaded a handcrafted freeware model of Southport Pier, Merseyside,UK to flightsim.com. It should be available from the file library there in the next few hours. Enjoy.

Stinger

1 Like

It would be great if you could post a direct-link. Also, i would recommend to upload it to flightsim.to, this site is way more modern and userfriendly and has established itself to the inofficial MSFS-Freeware-site. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Topic moved into #third-party-addon-discussion:scenery-packs

Exactly. flightsim.to is the go to place for freeware MSFS addons.

3 Likes

I personally donā€™t find flightsim.to user friendly. I have yet to find an ā€œuploadā€ button. It is so much easier for me at flightsim.com. (perhaps itā€™s my age thatā€™s the problem :blush:)

Also I have been using flightsim.com since the early days of FS. The owner of the site has supported me with hosting all these years and feel I now owe him a bit of support now that there is competition for hosting files.

As far as the link goes, if you go to the file library there and search for ā€œpierā€ in the msfs scenery category you will find all of the piers that I have released. If I give a link you will miss all of the other goodies :blush:

Regards
Stinger

1 Like

On flightsim.to click on your username, then choose My Uploads and then click on the ā€˜+New Uploadā€™ magenta button on the top right, but I respect your choice to support a longstanding community site.

1 Like

I am just gonna be blunt, so please donā€™t take offense. I just went to that flightsim.com thing and itā€™s ROUGHā€¦ I mean, that website looks like it was designed in 1998. :wink:
To be honest, I understand the thing with loyalty, butā€¦ if you want your product to be used by many, itā€™s not gonna happen with me. Last thing I want is create another account on another site for just one plug-in. :slight_smile: Just a bit of perspective.

Like it or notā€¦ flightsim.to has kind of established dominance in MSFS freeware and itā€™s weird to use anything else at this point. Like Nexus etcā€¦

No problem at all and no offence taken. If it is too much hassle for you to download it from a website that you donā€™t normally use that is fine.

I am not bothered how many use my work, I made it for myself primarily, but if someone wants it then it is there for anyone to use.

All the best
Stinger

1 Like