Spanish voices please

The game has voices in English, French, German and Portuguese.
One of the most spoken languages ​​in the world, Spanish and does not have the game.

I would like to know if it is possible to add the option and more when there is a text to speech that reads the texts that are already translated.

6 Likes

Mh? ATC is done in English everywhere in the world, Spain and South America included.

1 Like

Every country in the world does ATC for VFR in its official language too. So it‘s quite logical to expect Spanish as a really important world language. Only IFR is English only.

9 Likes

+1
I understand that in real life the universal language for ATC is English (obvious), but we are talking about translation within a “game”, if the ATC voices have been translated into French, German or Portuguese. Why was it not translated into Spanish? (second most spoken language in the world), with a very extensive community in the world of aerial simulation. I join the request for a future.

8 Likes

+1
They just need to enable the Azure spanish voices, which indeed are already available:

Cheers

3 Likes

What I’d love in the future is regional accents!

5 Likes

That’s wrong.

No difference if pilot fly VFR or IFR, he can initiate comm with his mother language in his country anytime. In other countries where languages are very similar, this rule is also practiced without problems.

2 Likes

Nope, not wrong. Official ICAO IFR phraseology is english only, as it’s critical that everyone can understand the instructions even if they are not meant for him and that they always sound the same even if the radio quality is 1 or 2. Additional content BESIDE the control instructions can be made in whatever language they speak though.

For example in Germany you can obtain three different radio certificates: BZF2 which is for VFR radio communication in controlled airspace in german language, BZF1 same in english and AZF: IFR and English only.

1 Like

Sry,

you missunderstand that. We don’t talk about certificates or radio checks, we talk about use of mother language in flights. Pilot is that one that initiate communication and is able use in that country or English language phraseology. Other things depended can revise own Country rules of course but be sure that in Germany I can speak also German in case of VFR and IFR, any time :wink: Here in Slovakia you can speak also only Slovak or English, also Czech without problems (if I good remember from real). In Spain you can do same, without restrictions. You need take to account only specific situation in case of f.ex. non controlled airports where is maybe possible to have more language different pilots on air and therefore to not make collisions they must logically use English. If they don’t :slight_smile: big problem. In case of IFR there is another situation, inside country ATC can speak with both English as primary and their Country mother language phraseology, no problem at all, what pilot initiate :wink:

2 Likes

Do you mean the AI pilot communication inside the cockpit? I was talking about ATC, I haven‘t tried any AI stuff, so yes, this stuff could be done in any language you want to of course.

:slight_smile:

very sry if I missunderstand now you. Ok. I saw your words like implementation from real word therefore I did also my thoughts. Let it be :wink:

No news on this right?

Not from Azure at this time, but you can if you turn off Azure and use the local TTS (text to speech) on Windows 10. You will need to download those voice packs if you already have not. The Windows 10 Spanish TTS has male & female voices. Localization is Spain & Mexico at this time. In MSFS there is only 1 Spanish file (don’t know the localization for it - appears to be Spain).

The ATC TTS in MSFS will display in Spanish, but read back will be in English. Or it may not even sound right at all since the Spanish voice pack is trying to read English. Don’t know how that will work!

“ATCCOM.AC_AGNT_CLASS_BC_ACKNOWLEDGE.0.text”: “Autorizado a atravesar espacio aéreo de {airspace_new}, {callsign_shortened}.”,
“ATCCOM.AC_AGNT_CLASS_BC_ACKNOWLEDGE.0.tts”: “Cleared through {airspace_new} airspace, {callsign_shortened}.”,

I’ve always found that the Windows 10 speech packs sound “robotic”.

I think he means accents. ‘Heaven forbid’ if we start taking instructions in the Russian language, Spanish, French etc. I will end up more lost and confused than I am at the moment! :laughing:
Charles

It doesn’t work, the required TTS has to be in English.

^^^
This is true. One great example is a video I watched a while back from the cockpit of an Air France Airbus arriving at CYUL (Montreal). The pilots, speaking English with very thick French accents, were requesting their instructions and getting replied to in English by controllers with very heavy Quebecois French accents. It was kind of funny to hear.

Thats the main problem when flying as a non-native in France, they don’t bother to speak English on the frequency so you have no clue what is going on around you, even at large international airports :sweat_smile::joy:

I found it odd in France that as a native speaker of Canadian French, any time I spoke to someone in French in a business in Paris, without fault they would always speak English back to me. :confused:

2 Likes

Business park? That must have been one of the few days they weren’t exercising their national sport… striking and protesting :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

1 Like