Spanish voices please

A clarification. In airspace under responsibility of Spanish State, pilots can use English and Spanish interchangeably. Air traffic control is obliged to assist them in the contact language. Not only in the case of VFR, but also in IFR.

Some years ago there was a timid attempt to force the exclusive use of English in IFR (in Spain), but finally nothing was changed in this subject.

And yes, english with regional accent will be fantastic in FS2020.

2 Likes

I am Swedish, and English is ok for me, I have learned English in school since I was 11 years old and I have no problem with it, and I am 64 years old.

Thats not correct, I fly in south america and, unless requested by me, its all spanish from departure, enroute and destination even if I fly international. All ATCs are experienced in english language in case you have non spanish speakers pilots.

Its really common to hear a landing clearence in spanish and the following in english when you have an international airport. Probably this happens all over the world. So hey, I welcome spanish as well

2 Likes

ICAO languages are six, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Spanish, French and of course English

3 Likes

This should have an upvote. Talk about immersion!!!

2 Likes

No it doesn’t happen all over the world, actually in most of World it is absolutely not done, and for good reasons. I have flown as a non-French speaker in France and its hideous. You have absolutely no clue what is going on around you and it is killing situational awareness. Legal or not to speak your native language on the frequency, for flight safety radiotelephony shall always be in English!

1 Like

Which is completely stupid, its not good for your situational awareness as a non-native speaker when everyone around you is talking in Spanish. For flight safety, everybody should speak English on the frequency as is common in most of the world. Where I come from I wouldn’t even know what to say in my native language on the frequency as it is just not done to speak anything other than English, I wouldn’t even know the correct terms and phraseology :sweat_smile::joy:.

Obviously, but Spain is… diferent. :grin:

1 Like

Well we keep waiting for someone to see

Then you can wait for a long time I guess.

It’s better to use the Wishlist subsection of the forums. There people can vote on topics they like.

Latest Self-Service/Wishlist topics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Hi @RisingEX,
I’ve moved your topic into the wishlist so users can vote on it. I added a tag: #language-support

1 Like

Thanks! I hope more people see it

1 Like

Lol, here people just CLOSE threads without any sense, maybe just because don’t want to listen.

I really don care if it is real or not to hear voices in an specific language, I just want to enjoy flying without reading text (I usually end up not reading anything, so I miss a lot of information). When I watch a movie I always try to hear the movie in the language that I want, sometimes maybe in english, but I HATE to read subtitles.
This game has A LOT of things that you can customize to make it NOT REAL, so I really don’t understand why this interest in forcing us to read subtitles in this respect.

3 Likes

It surprises me that the discussion is mostly about whether or not Spanish ATC voices are realistic or not (they are not :wink: ). In the context of the ‘leave no pilot behind’ philosophy MS is adopting, I would have expected that they would at least be planning this. Just consider kids who do not speak English at all. Think of the children! :smiley:

Being a game that converts text to speech and Azure being in Spanish, it is not understood that they do not do it.

It is realistic - people might not want it to be, and the reasons might seem good at first glance, but it is. Spanish is spoken in ATC communications in real life in parts of the world and there is squat all ICAO can do about it.

And as you say, “leave no pilot behind” + relatively trivial change = just go do it already.

Which is why I vote for this, and wish I could vote ten times, even though the extent of my Spanish language skills is “no habla espanol”, “tequila”, and “Santa Cruz” ('cuz I live there!)

I understand that international flights use English, it is the most logical thing to do. However, on regional flights the native language is used, there is no reason to force everyone to know English. Microsoft took my money in local currency, it is logical that I claim that we can also use the local language in the ATC as it is normally used.

1 Like

Lol that makes me question…surely it isn’t that hard for you to understand English being spoken, if you write it so well? On the other hand I agree, there are people who aren’t good in English and the game should actually offer ATC in many languages from all over the world.

Well, Brazilians speak Portuguese. Close.

Except English is the spoken language for ATC IRL, accents throughout the world would be a beautiful thing.