Spanish voices please

No, it isn’t. Some people wish it would be, and whether you agree with their reasoning or not, ATC IRL uses either English or the local language. There are good reasons to use only English (improved situational awareness for foreign pilots), and there are good reasons to use the local language (improved situational awareness and easier communication for local pilots with less than perfect English skills).

Some countries use mainly English and only some local flights (such as VFR flights at non-instrument airports) use the local language, other countries use mainly the local language and only foreign flights use English, and most countries are somewhere in between, with the US and the UK being special cases for obvious reasons. A sim that enforces English everywhere all the time is not realistic.

I think adding local languages to the sim ATC is an absolute no-brainer, just do it. Just make sure it is selectable.

1 Like

Is that soooo difficult to understand that we can have the OPTION in the game?
I can fly with 4x speed (ctrl +) and that is not real. I can change the hour of day, and that is not real. I can fly with unlimited fuel, and that is not real. I can make my plane indestructible, and that is not real.

Options make games more fun for people who decide to use. If somebody don’t want to have unlimited fuel, just don’t use that option. Language options is something that many people demand, and precisely in this game there is not a lot of text to translate (this is not the witcher 3). Maybe people here should try to understand what is the reason to stubborn in making english the langauge for everybody…, even for people who don’t understand english or just don’t feel confortable using english.

BTW, this threat can be closed at any moment, because we are talking about things that don’t please moderators.

2 Likes

Air traffic control is done in english in the entire world

And Argentina TOO!. Here the pilots use entirely Spanish. Any of you can check it using the AirRadio or LiveATC programs by tuning into the control towers SABE (Jorge Newbery Airport), SADF (San Fernando Intl Airport), SAEZ (Ezeiza Intl Airport) and you will hear all communications in Spanish. English is only used for those who specifically require it and on the same frequency they will hear both languages if there are international flights.

I think this thread is going to be closed soon, provided that it represents a problem for devs if users start to write about what can be the real reason for this to happen.

Defo you are not a real pilot or never flown outside an english speaking country. Radio comms are mostly in local language, just open any ATC streaming and you will see what I mean. I have flown in France, Spain, Brazil and Argentina and local languange is common.

Otherwise if you are a local pilot with no english proficiency you wouldnt be able to fly.

1 Like

ATC it’s a native english spoken… If you don speack english, you can’t fly… sorry!
I’m a spanglish spoken, and for me the ATC in english it’s mandatory in the real simulation world.

1 Like

I have flown thousands of hours primarily in Europe. Speaking in any other language than English is not done in a lot of places. Exceptions are mostly the French and Spanish speaking countries which I find absurd, this should not be allowed and has no place in professional aviation. When not speaking the local language you have no clue what is going on around you which isn’t good for situational awareness.

If you are flying a GA aircraft at a small GA airport where everyone speaks the language, fine, go ahead with that, although where I come from, even the tiny VFR airports exclusively use English on the frequency. The common language in aviation is English, at regional and international airports where non-native speaking pilots are flying in and out of, English should be spoken on the radio at all times. That’s my opinion.

2 Likes

I dont disagree with your comment, I am just letting you know that is not what it usually happens in real life. I have an EASA licence and my Radio test was in English but my colleagues in a other countries pass the test with local language.

Whilst English is international IASA if you dont fly international you will find a lot of local language, again just open some random ATC streams in non english spoken countries to see what happens.

1 Like

That’s not correct, whilst you may thing that if you dont speak english you can’t fly that’s not how licences are issued. I have countless of pilot colleagues that have a very basic english just to get some info about notams.

I don’t have to open any ATC stream, flying all over Europe is my job. And in most European countries, at regional and international airports English is used on the radio. If we are talking about GA, no idea, haven’t flown GA in a long time, the area I used to instruct English was common language even at the smallest VFR aerodromes.

I only fly GA so you now know about a different world! I have flown europe and south america, but again, even in radar centers you can hear local languages. Europe is small part of the world and I understand that because of the small area and amount of different countries they default to english. My licence is from the UK so I know it quite well, France was a pain (I dont speak French) and Spain is mainly spanish as you said.

Anyhow, one thing is what we believe is correct, which I think we are in total agreement and the other thing is what happens around the world.

Happy flying guys.

In my opinion there are a lot of pros if we had only one language in the entire world, but we have more than 7.000
It is not a matter of what I want, it is what it is. There are thousands of people that fly everyday without knowing how to speak english, just because locally it is not needed.

So this is why we ask for an OPTION in this game to choose what language we want to use to play.
Anybody can continue using only english the way it is now, if that is what they want. Forcing every other gamers to learn how to speak a language just to play a game is not acceptable, specially when in real life you can fly using only your own local language.

Another question is… “should everybody know how to speak english?” Well, I think nobody should force others to do that, unless you want to play a game that only uses english because for some reason people behind want to make english the only acceptable choice. So in that case the game is incomplete because it lacks of important options to fit players needs, and that happens in a lot of games with low budget. In a game like MSFS that is not acceptable, specially when it is so easy to achieve the demand compared to other games that have A LOT of text (this is not the case in this game).

2 Likes

All I’m saying is that in a lot of countries English is spoken even at small local GA airports and certainly at places where commercial aviation takes place, yes there are countries thinking everybody should speak their language. In Part-SERA standard radio phraseology is described in the English language only. If a (EASA) country allows the use of local language regarding radiotelephony than this is a deviation from established procedures which is not the norm.

Sure, they should add different languages, but it does not necessarily make it realistic.

Gentlemen, please, it is not a question of the language in which it is spoken or discussed, simply the text to voice of Azure is in Spanish and Asobo only has to activate it in the simulator, after each one uses the voice they want, it is simply that , they are not going to charge us any money nor is it any hassle.

2 Likes

Quite a conversation here. Many people think its English only. Its not. Local flights in Europe are in the native tongue. Whats funny is nobody brings up the accident at Linate. They blamed part of that on the controllers speaking italian and English to the aircraft involved, as they (the pilots) didnt understand the callouts to other aircraft taxiing. Among other things at the airport like taxiway markings being wrong, and ground radar not working. Oh, by the way, the ground markings are wrong in MSFS, they are correct. Lol

Depends on the country, Northern Europe usually English is used on the radio for VFR flights. Which is the way it should be in my opinion.

It depends on the country or pilot? Im sure if a German speaking pilot called into tower, the tower would respond in German. Versa visa for an English pilot in Germany as well . Never been there, just askin.

@CasualOne7471 @anon50268670
Please take this conversation into a private message.

This topic is unrelated to your conversation.

Thank you. :+1:t3: