Specifying enroute Airways in MSFS Flight Planner

When creating an IFR flight plan within MSFS, it’s possible to select Sid and Star from the departure e.g. arrival list. But how do I specify airways for the enroute part of the flight? MSFS comes up with several waypoints between the Sid and the Star, but which airways are used for that and how can I select different ones?

Hi
The Flight planner map is limited in the information it gives you to select alternative Airways.

What works for me is to use Little NAV Map …as it gives altitude restrictions etc per airway and I then translate this into the MSFS flight planning map …. A little long winded but gives me control of airway selection in taking into consideration my proposed cruising altitude.

Regards
Ex tenebris

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Usually I use Navigraph for route planning to select suitable airways. Can you specify how you translate these into the MSFS flight planning map?

With regards,
Peter

Hi
I usually plan my flights via LNM first I mainly fly GA aircraft to twin turboprops
I use LNM and it’s Low Altitude plannning option to plan a route between the dep and arr airports and the Sid and Stars and ILS I have chosen.

I like LNM because it also warns you of Altitude restrictions on the airways if your cruising altitude conflicts, also it gives me a good fuel usage calculation for each of my aircraft I fly via Air hauler etc.

I then select the Sid, Star , Ils into the MSFS planner and select crusing altitude it then generates its preferred route via airways…mostly it matches or is close to my original LNM route but where it differs I manually edit and add the waypoints accordingly….this seems to work for me
Regards
Ex Tenebris

Hi,

Thanks for your clear explanation.

Peter