Spikes all over

And if you look closely, you CAN see the trunk. It seems to be semi-transparent or semi-solid, if you are glass half empty guy. Like a bridge.

Yeah if you go ā€œinsideā€ :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: itā€™s like a double cylinder.

I think itā€™s a hotfix candidate. This thing should be solved.

1 Like

I meant in the screencapā€¦

When itā€™s like bridges, the stem of the tree must be somewhere inside the thing. You see a black back surface ? I havenā€™t visited the place yetā€¦

Look at @watsdamattauā€™s shot closely. You can see what I mean about trunks.

I think these are not just the trunks, they are much wider than the trunksā€¦ made a sketch in Paint

1 Like

Thatā€˜s the green rocks Kiel is famous for. They run around them and play ā€žthe ground is lavaā€œ.

When itā€˜s green it shouldnā€˜t be displayed with a solid stand in the first place

1 Like

Yeah maybe there are some bad trees in Kiel ? :grin: and youā€™d be surprised how many roofs are green.

1 Like

This is exactly how photogrammetry works. It can only see from the top, so it ā€˜buildsā€™ it up from ground level, same as bridges and other overhanging structures. There is no trunk, the top view canā€™t see any trunk.

Your paint sketch therefore is correct.

Now if we could get the AI to detect trees (especially palm trees), and flatten that part, and replace with a tree model the detected height it would look 100 times better. Until then, weā€™re stuck with tree-rocks.

2 Likes

Yes something like thatā€¦ Q: is it possible to find that palm tree in the objects listā€¦ and replace the GUID by some other Blender mesh ? maybe it could be repaired with a Community addin ?

I donā€™t think so. It would have to be on BlackSharkā€™s side to ā€˜avoidā€™ the detection in the first place.

As I understand it, the spikes, (trunks, blobs or blocks) we see with photogrammetry areas are a direct outcome of the way photgrammetry is done and has nothing to do with faulty AI. The only thing the AI currenly does is placing tree models on top of detected tree places. What the AI should do instead is suppressing the geometry data and flatten the terrain where trees are supposed to be and then planting the tree models.

Stone Forest near KSEA

I think this is fantastic actually. The fact that someone is upset because a couple of palm trees were rendered incorrectly is quite amazing! Weā€™ve progressed in flight sims to the point that an individual tree is the problem. Clearly we are now in the golden age of flight sims.

7 Likes

All that glitters is not gold. Thereā€™s some work to be done at ground level. Look at the post above from mixmugz.

Are they foreign or extraterrestrial creatures ? Can anybody who lives close to the location have a local eyesight ?

You can do that too, but in that case lots of small buildings with green roofs would suddenly be flattened and change into trees :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: how to prevent your every day green back yard be rendered as a big tree ? So our houses would suddenly be hidden under giant treesā€¦

No problem for a clever AI. In general roofs are rectangular and trees are more rounded.

This is the golden age of simulation. Weā€™d like to see reality also at low altitude :slight_smile: and make reality screen shots with MSFS. because the rest looks like reality too. I like making screenshots. Landscapes. Many do. When I see scenery bugs (and yes I see a lot) then I turn my drone camera, to take another picture. So when the water is wrong somewhere, a shadow gives a glitch, some grey horizontal, a glitch in the mountains, or the shape of the sun that is inaccurateā€¦ or a water mask shows straight boundaries, the surrounding scenery will not be photographed by meā€¦ or by others ! all that carefully handcrafted scenery around the bug will be ignored. A lot of lost work.

The devil is in the detail, with AI-scenery. But if you solve one bug the whole world will improve. That is why it is important, that issues such as the above ā€œsolid treesā€ are solved. They are everywhereā€¦

1 Like

So spikes were introduced into the sim months ago. They were eventually fixed and now they return again. They look like ā– ā– ā– ā– . Does anyone at Asobo ever test these updates? We are coming up on 1 year since this game was released. And bugs are still being introduced with each so called update. Embarrassing really.