Spikes on Terrain and and Mesh Problems - Global

Okay I’ll have to try that out thanks

as long as the Scenery is a mess,i need no Weather,but thank´s :+1:

Scenery hasn’t changed a single bit for me in this latest patch. Not a single thing wrong w/ it on my end.

1 Like

Many messed up structures around EDDL

3 Likes

be happy,my Sim is a Mess now,see pics from other,they have also a mess

this is a no go

1 Like

I get the terrain spikes everywhere. They disappear as you approach but they’re an eyesore from a distance. I suspect it has something to do with how inland bodies of water are dealt with by the autogen. I’ve noticed that there is usually a small pond or lake associated with the terrain spikes.

Also this river in Spain is a total mess. Almost the total length of the rio Ebro is like this.

13 Likes

Yes,look´s like we Have a Christmess now…
Sim is useless for me as is…
Please Vote that they do a hotfix,i want a working Sim for the Time At Christmas lockdown

11 Likes

I keep trying to love this sim. I want to love this sim. Every time I get close to liking this sim, something that looked good yesterday looks terrible today.

It is what it is I suppose…But, I’m really getting ready to stow this “game” for a few months until they stop breaking good things so we can enjoy new features that also don’t work right (snow).

11 Likes

+1 Please Vote that they fix it :wink:

7 Likes

Please go to CYBR. (Brandon Manitoba). Place yourself on the westbound runway. Set weather to clear skies. Look west, and scan the horizon. Please tell me if you see a pyramid on the otherwise flat prairie. This would provide comparison to my experience, and if you see a pyramid, context for you with regard to what many people are reporting. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

2 Likes

Yes,same here…and a lot other Places :-1:

2 Likes

Just had them in a flight over Madrid, Spain.

1 Like

I have Devils Tower from Wyoming close to Dublin Ireland with some snow on top. When I try for a ‘close encounter’ of the first kind, it vanishes as I approach however, it can still be seen on my instruments. Highly irregular and very spooky! ‘I want to believe!’ Charles

1 Like

Here you go. On runway 26 – no spikes or weird hills.

***keep in mind I am on 4k HDR so video will look washed out because I can’t figure out how to capture HDR.

Weird - i get these sitting on the runway in Edinburgh but as soon as I take off and appraoch they disappear

3 Likes

Ottawa International airport CYOW, fly 301 degrees and you will get numerous spikes. Ottawa is the Canadian capital.

5 Likes

I can confirm these are there for me as well.

1 Like

I encountered a large spike off the end of Rwy 22 at MSP, to the east of Mall of America

1 Like

I think this bug might be connected with this one:

I don’t know what is Asobo doing but I had this problem way before this update, except with loading the landmarks. Half of them didn’t load for me until I got very close to them and a lot of them shifted up and down if LOD was less than 200. I think now they messed up terrain data LOD’s

3 Likes

As I posted in the other thread on this same subject (around KDMO or something like that), yes, I also get spikes and plateaus all over the place that go away when I’m nearly on top of them. So, essentially, they never go away.

1 Like