Spikes on Terrain and and Mesh Problems - Global

But this (impressive) wall seems to be a different (new) bug.

I also saw similar artifacts (e.g. in India) … but they seem to be related to waterways.
Perhaps some excessive “flattening” is at work here?

But while the spikes seem to heal once I get close … the water-walls are permanent.

Same here !
Just did a flight from EIDW to EGGP and i saw Spikes during my Climbout and during my Approach at Liverpool !!

Any Solution ??

Thanks
Mike

A load of CGLs in the fs-base-cgl directory were updated by 1.12.13. I think these are the world base files you see if you’re offline.

Try https://flightsim.to/file/5198/elevation-fixes-around-the-world
An interim solution but it might cover your favourite areas

4 Likes

The rivers around Lake Louise in Banff National Park appear to be on stilts. They pop back to normality when you fly close, but then revert to the glitch from distance. I went here on holiday early in the year…was amazing…but I don’t recall the rivers being possessed with some kind of demonic poltergeist manipulating the river elevations…and for that reason I would suggest it is a glitch introduced within the last MSFS update instead :wink:

Not only spikes, but weird structures in the Barcelona, Spain harbour area; these should be cranes to lift containers into ships. I am not sure if these occurred after the recent update though. Let’s hope AI doesn’t make its way into our lives too quickly if it interprets our world in a different way. That said, dear MSFS and Asobo studios, you have created a fantastic simulator, never before have I flown so much VFR and that is exactly why it is important that these issues will be adressed. I flew across the whole of the UK, from the Isle of Wight to Stornoway with no noticeable spikes or glitches although sometimes the seams in the landscape are visible (see picture left bottom corner) it is still a stunning experience.

Over by Grass Valley in California USA there was this insane structure that appeared that could be seen for hundreds of miles. It looked like a mountain from a couple of hundred miles away then like a large hanger as you got closer. It would pop up then when you changed views it would disappear then come back. Didn’t seem to matter what view it was there.

2 Likes

ALIENS!!!
(typing more then 10 characters to be able to post) but…
ALIENS!!!

2 Likes

If this all wasn’t so bad it would be funny. Those responsible have in my opinion made a ground braking simulator, its moved things up a few levels with great potential. However, they really have got many of the basics wrong, including airliners and systems that dont often work. The very worst decisions involve “forcing” updates upon us that cause more problems than they solve. (Japan update caused tall buildings everywhere, another caused the stock Neo to be unflyable etc. But, to “force” and update 2 days before Xmas upon us is sheer incompetence in my opinion. Lack of testing and sheer arrogance, ignorance of the customers. Such a shame. With other simulators I look forward to updates, with MSFS I simply dread them.

8 Likes

The cranes have always looked like that, not only in Barcelona but basically everywhere. It‘s a photogrammetry issue (looks the same in Bing Maps).

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply; it’s a separate issue then, but it looks very apocalyptic. I agree with you that it is a QA issue that should have been noticed during tests before issuing the update.

1 Like

This is te Ebro river in Spain, an 800 km arctifact, but has been flagged, no humour here.
Fortunatly was a Super Cub if it was the community flying donut…

1 Like

I reported the tears/gaps appearing in the terrain tiles to the zendesk about 3 weeks ago before the Dec 22 update so its not new to that last update. But you’re the first poster I’ve read which also notices this issue and that surprises me as it is so obvious in mountain regions. Please report it via zendesk if you haven’t already and along with fixed spikes and creeping water we may get back to where we were at release!

1 Like

Yes agree , the logbook is not working

It worked !
Thank you
I hope With the Next Update , MSFS will be able to fix these issues :slightly_smiling_face:

Mike

1 Like

Norfolk, VA looks like that. dock cranes that didn’t translate well in its case.

1 Like

What is really a shame is a total radio silence from Microsoft regarding this issue.
They either:

• simply don’t care and are enjoying their Christmas time, why they should care if thousands of users of their product are investigating, posting coordinates on the forums, sending Zendesk reports - it’s just a game, isn’t it?
  • or they believe that not talking publicly whether they are aware of the issue and what is the plan/timeline to fix it, will make the issue less visible.

Most adults learn at the age of around 7-10, that the 2nd strategy does not work in the long run, sooner on later the parents will discover the broken vase, so admitting and apologising usually yields much better results.

4 Likes

You are right.
I wrote this some days ago:

2 Likes

This is what the St Lawrence River looks like in the Thousand Islands area right at its entrance from Lake Ontario.

4 Likes
  1. Tears in mountains -Yes I see them too.
  2. The spikes/monoliths - Yes.
  3. Elevated rivers -Yes
  4. Water climbing coastlines - Yes
  5. Excessive terrain undulations where the ground used to be flat - Yes

terrain issues all introduced since launch with various patches.

I know the French language sometimes reverses the order of words compared to the English language, but please Asobo…

Ground-breaking new sim does not mean keep breaking the ground with every patch and update. Doing so means you are losing ground, and losing the support and good will of a discerning segment of your customer base.

And…

1. The horizontal line through mountains in low light. Left this to the end as (unlike 1-5) this existed at launch.
8 Likes