Spikes on Terrain and and Mesh Problems - Global

Thank you AboezD for your reply to my post. How do i report this issue to Zendesk?

Marc

Hi Marc.This is the website address:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Ok, I submitted the issue to the Zendesk.

Marc

They should release a statement addressing this soon now that the holidays are over.

4 Likes

I would not expect any statement:

• in Europe, the IT companies typically force their staff to consume unused 2020 vacation during the last week of December, to obey the labor code,
  • generaly MS is not following the practice of admiting the errors or apologising.
1 Like

Many thanks for the heads up, applied the mod and the scenery around EGGP has returned to normal; fantastic.

1 Like

Just wondering, is this an issue in VR as well or is it only confined to “2D”.?

It’s an issue in both 2D and VR and the solution mentioned above sorts it out in both

Thanks a lot for the fixes! I tried to respond to the topic on flightsim.to, but couldn’t find the topic. However, I did install the folder into the community folder and the area around Peretola airport, Firenze, Italy seems like magic again. Spikes were visible from the airport before looking south, they are no longer visible now. Thanks a lot, there are still some spikes and unwanted elevations visible near Empoli in the south, but everything looks better now.

Cheers, Marc

I don’t know I mean they can’t sent all their stuff on vacation right at the same time? I think a fix would be very simple to do so no need for crazy manpower. And I disagree about them not admitting their mistakes. If you watch the Q&As you see a lot of that sort of acknowledgement and humility.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if developer mode has this or not. If not, it would be a good feature, some type of key combination that would copy it to the clipboard. I’m always finding myself going to Bing or Google to get coordinates when sharing locations.

If it’s not in developer mode, could make a “wishlist” for it in #self-service wishlist

1 Like

This issue seems global, I don’t thonk Aosobo will attempt to fix all the spikes one by one. I can only guess - thousands of them, most probably related to water bodies.

1 Like

As you can see with your own eyes - no communication from MS on this issue (also on the servers unavailability incident which happened yesterday). Total radio silence :frowning:
No pinned message on the forum, nothing in the “News and announcements”. I’m afraid we will hear during the January Q&A session the same as for the decreased LOD/tree draw distance and the jagged shorelines: “We didn’t change anything, at least not intentionally”.

1 Like

At last!! Holland now has its own mountains, situated North of Rotterdam. Wintersports at 30 minutes drive by car from home. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Good Lord! This looks like an actual mesh error, since the elevated lake remains in view continuously, and you can fly up to it and over it.

Many of the new spikes everybody is seeing appear to be a rendering/LOD issue since they disappear as you fly close to them then reappear after flying past.

I think in the next feedback snapshot, this bug will appear in 3rd place with 639 votes at the moment. I know that comforts few, but if asobo / MS did not react to this bug it would be strange.

Unfortunately, many of the “Pilots” are not here in the forum and many who post here also forget to vote this Bug Up. From my point of view the VOTE button should also appear at the bottom of every new post!

I hope we don’t have to wait too long for a fix. I, for my part, have no desire to start the simulator at the moment :neutral_face:

2 Likes

The PROBLEM exists in VR as well. Found those mesh problems in the pre-alps region of southern germany. Flying towards them, they pop down 
 not exactly all at the same time and sometimes bigger spikes turn down in several steps. Had the feeling it happens more often close to water 

I have no desire to fire up Flight Simulator until this graphic issue is resolved.

3 Likes

MSFS Asobo is looking at the issue now, they sent me some e-mails after I submitted the issue to Zendesk. Btw, you might try the patch https://flightsim.to/file/5198/elevation-fixes-around-the-world. It worked for me. Good luck!

Cheers, Marc

2 Likes

See? We’re getting a fix very soon.

1 Like