Spikes on Terrain and and Mesh Problems - Global

Please stay on-topic of reporting the Spikes. This isn’t a general discussion on development.

5 Likes

Temporary closed as people can’t stay on-topic. Will reopen 19:00Z

A small FYI - Spoke with the devs this morning and they are working on this issue. Estimated to have more info in the latter half of this week! Most likely in the dev update but if not I’ll post an announcement here in the forums.

37 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 2 hours.

For me this mod worked perfectly. The spikes are gone. Thank you so much!

For everyone waiting impatiently for the next patch… this could help.

3 Likes

Does that mean we have to file a report for each spike we encounter? Or is it a more general fix that will (hopefully) fix most of the spikes?

1 Like

This can’t be fixed on an individual basis there are too many and this thread now has over 800 votes also too many to ignore, as they were introduced in a single patch iteration then they can also be fixed in another patch iteration. If I’m wrong then I’m sure Jummivana will let the team know about it in the next Q&A, but as the team has been confirmed to be looking at it, lets see what happens.

6 Likes

Great Hester, thanks!

Hi @Magnus1985!
At this point, let’s wait until the end of the week as what @Jummivana pointed out. The devs know about it.

1 Like

That would be impossible, there are just too many spikes and other elevation issues. All, or at least most of them have arisen after the latest comprehensive update. In my view this has to be adressed by the developers, find out what went wrong and then issue a new update. The mods/patches helped for me, but the problem is worldwide and it seriously spoils the simulator. There will be clear horizons again :slight_smile:

Greetings, Marc

1 Like

Thanks for reminding me to delete the folder when the official fix is issued :grin:

Marc

1 Like

They are everywhere. How is this sim getting worse over time?

3 Likes

It`s good…but prob not good enough…even given the holidays seems a long time wait for a problem that should have not been there in the fist place!

6 Likes

I didn’t notice them at first but then they started appearing all over the place, seeing more as time went on. So I’ve downloaded the addon and in this afternoons flight didn’t see any at all.

Mind, that was probably due to icing up as soon as I got airborne into full IFR conditions and not seeing the ground until I was on short finals!! I’ll do the return trip later in better conditions VFR and check it out. :laughing:

1 Like

Hoping for an update soon to fix the scenery spikes. Meanwhile, I continue to fly MSFS2020, despite the graphic anomalies. There is a lot of passion on this forum for a fix, and I can understand the frustration. Seriously looking forward to a hot-fix - sooner than later.

Please see the development update just published. Fix will come in a few days…

2 Likes

Same issue here in the UK. I have spikes in various spots on the landscape.

was probably missed to post this important info here too

2 Likes

start the sim,new update,but still no fix !
sim look like this after update,no addons!!!

the fix from comunity still work…

why can someone from the Users do better and faster Fix as Asobo???
wat does this new Udate???
more mess?
i am very disapointet…

The update was for The Aeronautical Information Regulation And Control (AIRAC) cycle only. Not a patch.