Spikes on Terrain and and Mesh Problems - Global

Thank you. Please try this. CYBR as before. In Cessna 152, take off and fly north at no more than 2000ft. If you see no anomalies within five minutes you are a very lucky person and many people in this thread will envy you and wish they had whatever computer you are using.

I see that by increasing terrain LOD from 10 to 200 the spikes tend to almost disapper (ie the range at which they disappear is higher). Maybe tweaking some internal LOD values can temporarily fix it, anybody familiar with those parameters?

200 is my setting,i will try 300 now
{Terrain
LoDFactor 3.000000
}
{ObjectsLoD
LoDFactor 3.000000
look like this,no fix

and 400

Thank you for merging these. It was getting really annoying how many different people were posting the same thing without looking to see if anyone else did.

That would mean there are no spike in dessert regions?

I thought the same, but, no, they are just everywhere. It’s a problem. It’s been reported. They know. Let’s move on.

I was thinking that too. But for me, trees are important for realism, so just flying in the desert is not a solution :slight_smile:

BTW. For the moment I recommend the Seattle area. It’s my favorite region anyway, and I didn’t observe any spikes there yet.

1 Like

While my home country Switzerland is currently quite changed:

Thank you Asobo! :rage:

5 Likes

These spikes seem to appear only at a certain LOD. When I am too far away: no spikes. When I am too close: no spikes. But about the 5 to 10 km range (best guess), I get them.

I confirm same problem in LOWS.

Same issue observed at ENGM with the latest update.

Obviously they were in a big hurry to get to their time off for the holidays. And Asobo obviously didn’t test their update (or any for that matter) or these glitches would have been found. If you don’t like these valid complaints then skip over them.

4 Likes

Near NYC also

I think they may also be caused by small shadows on the satellite imagery from Bing that perhaps get mistaken for water.

They should hold off updates until they’re tested then.

6 Likes

but we Test it now,and Pay for this :wink:

1 Like

I tried bumping the terrain LOD up to 8. The glitches disappear sooner but are still visible. And the extra load time & fps drop just isn’t worth it.

1 Like

Yea. The ScenerySim2020 no longer has the one thing going for it that it had before. It’s a complete mess now. I feel that Asobo has taken their game testers and moved them to a completely different game. Thank God I only have the XBox for PC pass and I never bought this mess. Once again I’m going back to FS9 with all my addons. This game is a joke.

2 Likes

Yes,i think there is no Fix for the Holidays

Same for me. Hope a fast fix :stuck_out_tongue: