Spitfire - How to unlock the engine primer?

Been searching everywhere. Can’t find an answer to my problem. How do you unlock the engine primer which shows (locked). Gone through the checklist, nothing about this.

In the manual > Q&A section, second entry from the bottom, it works for me !!

You sure Rock, TicToc :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Turn the knobs right or left and pull… :smirk:

Yeah using the scroll option should do the trick acording to the manual. But, does someone know, why I still can’t unlock it, and it just keeps zooming the camera? Or when holding down left mouse key, and moving my mouse, it just moves the curser in the background.

If you’re using the Xbox version I believe it doesn’t work, it has been fixed but is in the backlog for Marketplace updates.

Using PC version. :slight_smile: Also, it is all over the place when getting it in the air. (Starting from runway) Maybe im doing stuff wrong, but for me right now it is unflyable.

There is certainly a technique to getting her off the ground. The manual contains this technique and the keys for me are to set the rudder trim full starboard, trim the elevator with a little nose down, put back pressure on the stick (not fully back but a fair way back) and then put in some (usually full deflection) right aileron to counter the roll to the left. Then I feed on the power slowly, eventually getting to between 4 to 8 boost where it usually lifts off the runway. You have to catch everything then (aileron centred and reduce back pressure) to keep level flight, get the gear up and then finally re-centre the rudder trim (which I have bound to a hat switch on my throttle).
Also - make sure you are in ‘modern’ flight dynamics.

Are you on Xbox or legacy controls? On legacy it ‘should’ work like that!

I recently purchased the Spitfire from the marketplace on my XBOX Series S. I could not close the cockpit/side door but still had a quick flight to see how it handled. I’m guessing that there is a patch coming at some point to address some of the other issues that have already been noted?

Thanks guys. Both of you! I can fly this awesome plane now! :smiley:

1 Like

Is this worth bothering about now that most spitfire fans have the FlyingIron version?

[Aeroplane Heaven finally releases its Spitfire Mk1A for MSFS - MSFS Addons]

(https://msfsaddons.com/2021/09/15/aeroplane-heaven-finally-releases-its-spitfire-mk1a-for-msfs/)

1 Like

These are distinctivley different planes irl and from the programming side of things every developer has their own distinct feel. Other than the name they do not share too much.