SR22T No DeIcing system (TKS)

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

YES

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

SR22T

Which aircraft version are you experiencing this issue on? (You can find this listed in the Content Manager under the Aircraft Name)

Brief description of the issue:

The DeIcing system is not working (TKS). ON or OFF, HIGH or MAX, even the windshied deice is not working.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Fly into icing condition, switch ON the Ice Protect system, and look at the ice accumulating and performances going down.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

You need to keep pressing the windshield deice button. It sprays fluid every press. It’s not a continuous flow - it’s just like the deice on a car, one pull back in the control stalk sprays the fluid once. It only works in conjunction with leaving precipitation altitude.

I know how it works, but it doesn’t in the sim.
Pushing the deice button should remove the ice even in icing conditions, then prevent ice forming again for some time (the liquid is sticky, and stays on the windshield for some time). In the sim, absolutely nothing happens.
I’ve checked by looking at the variables via the developper mode (airframe icing, etc…) and the deice system is doing nothing at all. Only the pitot heat system is working.

I recommend you open this as a Zendesk Ticket given how little repro there is, even on WT’s Discord Channel when you first talked about it.

1 Like

Ok, I will do, thanks !