Starting FS: Please insert disc, then I restart FS, asks for settings as in first install?

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
N/A, as read below

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
NO

Brief description of the issue:
Yesterday no problem.
Today after restarting PC, I start FS:
It asks for disc, so I close FS
Restart FS, all OK. I close FS, to see if stable
On restart, it asks to set the settings as on the first install!!! I do so.
Then I check: the settings are changed, so I have to reset them as of yesterday.
Fortunately joystick and profile are intact so far
I restart a 4th time: it asks for settings as first install again! See pics below…
What is going on???

EDIT: I restart PC, and when I start FS it asks me again for settings as first install, see pics below…

What has gone wrong? Why does FS keep askin g me settings on restart? I was fine yesterday!

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

then

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
I don’t know!

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
Intel Core i7 5960X Haswell-E 8-Cored 3.50GHz Processor (Overclocked up to 4.3 GHz)
Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
Asus Rampage V Extreme Intel X99 Motherboard
64GB Crucial DDR4 2133MHz Memory (8 x 8GB sticks)
Asus GeForce GTX 980 TI 6GB STRIX OC Direct CU II
512GB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive
2000GB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive
Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive in RAID 1 Configuration

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
NO

I have the same problèm with a web version

What do you mean by “with a web version”?

Did it start today?

store version, and this is the first time that this has happened, for me. At each start, same problem.
It happened in August, but only once, to a friend.

Ah OK you mean from the Microsoft Store, not from Steam.

It’s as if on closing FS can’t save the settings, then on restart it has to ask the settings.

I don’t know what happened with “insert game disc” either!!! It asked for it once…

This has been mentioned already.
Here is a link:

Thank’s for this information

1 Like

I’m getting the settings reset on every start as well, just started happening today. Very frustrating. Tried signing out and back into Xbox app, but no help. I did see an automatic update to Gaming Services was installed today. Could that have something to do with it? I have never had this issue before, and I’ve been a user since the release date.

I’m having the same problem as of today, as well.
Luckily it seems like the control assignment profiles are intact, just need to be reselected.

This was related to the xbox gaming services which has been corrected. For reference:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ui-broken-and-reset-user-settings/368832