Starting to get fed up with this!

Yea, there’s problems but any software program I’ve ever had has had its share of bugs. Right now, my sim is running fairly well on my 1080ti ROG, getting a good 30-50 fps while in ultra mode. I’ve had some stutters, rarely ctd’s and some weird stuff, but all in all, considering the sophistication of the whole program, it is what it is. And it was expensive for alot of us. But look, they MSFS, just gave us a scenery worth probably around 100 bucks…Japan. It’s phenomenal IMHO.
One thing I am getting a little impatient about…VR. I miss it terribly since I’ve not flew x.plane in a while. I get excellent results using vr in x-plane and when it hits on this sim, I will be upgrading my oculous to the new reverb which I’ve read and seen is an excellent upgrade for any vr. Almost bought the Pimax, but too many customer service issues I’ve read about…wayyyy too much!
Anyway, keep up the positive vibes…it can only get better here :wink:

Good debate and discussion …

Your right , I do spend many times more than that on a PC - the primary reason being that the PC generally works out of the box and its multi purpose , I use it for aspects of work and home life. Would I accept a message from the manufacturer of the PC saying ‘I know it keeps blue screening , and we didn’t mention it, but it’ll be sported out in a few years’ - No.

The updates that they are providing are indeed free , but these updates are to get the sim working to a level as advertised , this is nothing supplemental or beneficial. They have provided scenery area enhancement , but that’s not much use if the sim keeps CTD.

Your point about considering the consequences when pressing Buy … I guess after a series of promotional videos and waiting a year , along with the development updates from a business as reputable as Microsoft … I considered that the product would be in a finished state - So I don’t think its fair to talk about consequences , and lessons etc … this is not the failure of fault of the consumer , this wholly lies with the developer. Was the product fit for retail upon release?
It has gone through two rounds of extensive testing , so the faults were known , where they disclosed so that people could make an informed decision? No.

I wont give up on this , I love this sim as much as the next person. I’m just disappointed and frustrated that progress seems to be very slow and it appears that this was a rushed job without the full disclosure that as a consumer we deserve.

2 Likes

I can agree with most of your statements, but seriously, what is wrong with night lightning??
There are a ton of posts about it and I do not only think it is good, I think it looks perfect for a video game, look at this:

2 Likes

Yes it does, perfect for a video game. However for those looking for something a little closer to reality…

4 Likes

It looks pretty Realistic to me, and I have 100’s of hours night.-- at least at a few 1000 feet from a GA plane. Cannot comment about realism up at Flight Levels.

2 Likes

Zendesk is a waste of time. All they do is send you cut-and-paste answers back, without reading your report properly.

You really have nothing to say sorry for. If people stop complaining, then surely nothing is going to ever change.

1 Like

One has to 'assume" that they pass Bug Reports on to the ASOBO’s “Scrum Machine”

Maybe they do some some “filtering out”, but from what I have read on the forum, when the ZenDesk Status for a bug goes to “resolved” it means that ZenDesk Has finished “resolving” the ticket processing", and it has been passed on to Asobo, for them to deal with as they see fit.

Its all very “misleading” to the user … and the cause of many misapprehensions.

Asobo do not have to do this, but it would go a long way to being Open about the whole process, if they officially post a detailed description of how they are using Zensdesk, and how a user’s Bug report get processed, the various stages, and what all these “Scrum Buzz Words” really mean in Asobo’s developement world.

If users are going to spend their valuable time, being Free beta testers for Asobo, the least Asobo / Microsoft could do would be to make it clear to the users, how this process is meant to work.

If users understood how their Bug Reports were being used, and taken seriously, then maybe there would not be so much frustration and angry posts in the forum.

Nobody like being ignored … *unless they are doing something wrong !! )’

Maybe the “Community Manager” might consider this as a good use of their time ??

2 Likes

I specifically asked them to do that at one point, but the reply I got didn’t include an acknowledgement of my request. It was just another prewritten template.

Certainly something is not working quite right in Asobo’s system.

1 Like

well you would not be able to play the game if you didnt spend money on a pc would you? It doesnt make a game any less expensive because it costs less than the pc its played on…

Updates are part and parcel of the purchase price of the game, a decision made by Asobo, it doesnt make them free just because its not subscription model. Like any consumer they have the right to complain about the product if its failing to work as expected, a forum is provided as a means to communicate, not a service that you would consider a priviledge to have provided… if it wasnt there then email or phone would be the main means of communicating and you wouldnt be saying oh they provide that free would you.

The game was not sold as Alpha or Beta, it was sold as a working platform, a decision to buy based on what was advertised to then find its got many issues is not a consequence of pressing the buy button. if you purchased a 4k tv and it only showed one channel working when you got it home your not going to sit there and say ‘awe dang I should have consider ed the consequences before buying’ you would take it back or expect them to work to make it better for free, not pay for the updates to make it work!

1 Like

Like so many things in life, as you get older and wiser, you learn that

"If you want something done, and done right, do it yourself"

Relying on others, is often a disappointment.

As far as MSFS is concerned, I have found it is quicker to fix it myself, than to waste time submitting bug reports to Zendesk.
Tried that, and got such an stupid and irrelevant “canned message” reply, that I swore, Never again.

So, for me, its back into the FS SDK, the undocumented stuff that Asobo is using, but not documented, and getting back up to speed with Js, and like all those Modders out there, Fixing what irks me, myself.

So, to date, I have a 99.99% Fully operational c172, which, with the FANTASTIC GNS530 MOD, (thank you ScorpionFilm422) is a pleasure to fly. Fixed AP (working on that myself) and a tweaked flight model, that is “adequate”

All Windows issues “fixed” (there were quite a few !!), and with AI Traffic 100% off, the sim is Rock Stable, and great fun, as well as being usable as an IFR Practice tool.

I have learnt more about the deep down features of the GNS530 in few week, compared with year of occasional use in RL. (thanks again ScorpionFilm422)

That alone, more than justifies the modest cost of MSFS.

The MONKEY is happy !!! even if he does look a little “confused”

I am a newbie to FSim and am finding it irritating so it is good to read that your guys who know your way around FSim also have issues. I thought it was just me!

2 Likes

As you surmise it’s definitely not you!

And it has always been thus. I started simming in the 1970s.

1 Like

Those looking for something closer to reality should fly a real plane, this is as close as you will get in what is a video game after all. No other competitor comes even close.

It’s a Boom Mic, not a Cigar or a Banana !!!

cmonkeymic2

1 Like

Yes, I eventually figured that out!

I was also fed up with the hundreds of problems affecting this sim until…well I decided to go back to X-Plane 11.

1 Like

OK, so I need to really FIX that, the Mic should be Black, and its the headset should be that David Clark light green !! I messed up when I quickly colored it form the original B&W.

Unfortunately, with this Covid situation, I seem to have far too much Free time at home to “play”

I just scrubbed a reply that was very similar to what you’ve said.

I am using an “old” CyberPowerPC that I purchased in August 2013 and this current version of MSFS runs way better than ANY of the previous versions I’ve owned–and that includes an X-Plane version or two.

Granted, I’ve upgraded the GPU (but it’s still only a Geforce GTX 1080) and maxed out the system RAM to 32 GB, but this program runs nearly perfectly on this old dog. Oh, I’ve had my issues with it and it took me a week to sort some of the things out, but all is well these days.

And I’ve “wowed” a couple of old FS users with the splendid eye-candy in this program. They can’t believe it!

I’ll close and say only that I’m looking forward to a few years of NOT having to add weather, clouds, fancy add-on aircraft, tons of expensive scenery and such. That in itself is a selling point for me. Sure, I can purchase a frames-per-second-killing add-on airport, but I don’t need to. Most of the stuff out of the box looks simply stunning.

Thank you for the explanation!

I was afraid we’d sunk too far if we’re going to take shots at each others’ avatars :smiley: .