Startup confiuguration? Setting reset?

Hi, the solution to resolve this problem is extremely easy and quick to implement: disconnect from the Microsoft store and reconnect.

Hi mek1616,
Welcome to MSFS!
As you are discovering, sometimes things donā€™t work as expected in the sim. :frowning_with_open_mouth:
Have a look at the troubleshooting articles on the ZenDesk website. In particular, the DELETE CORRUPTED FILES section in this one may help.

1 Like

Hi, You must also delete the local profile located here C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState

I also have this problem and strangly enough a reboot of my computer solves it unfortunaterly comes back the next day

Iā€™ve lost all my progress on several activities and my profile has been reset down to zero. Itā€™s like I started MSFS2020 for the 1st timeā€¦ hundreds of hours down the drain. Disappointed is the least of what Iā€™m feeling right now.

@ glasshopper2715:
(Note: I have a PC, so the comments below may not be applicable if other readers are using an Xbox)

In the Services mmc (type "Servicesā€™ in the Start Menu search box), if you sort by name & scroll down to the end, are the Xbox Live Auth Manager & Xbox Live Networking Services set to Automatic? If not, change them to Automatic & see if that helps.

Also, I noticed that there was an update to the Xbox app when I checked my MS Store library yesterday. Open the Microsoft Store, click on the Library icon, & click Get Updates to ensure you are up-to-date.

This has now happened to me too!!!

Yesderday, I was trying to start the game for 3 hours. I only had time to actually play for 20 minutes. Today I get this. AND my profile has been wiped. UNREAL.

Hi again ,yesterday I changed three Xbox live (windows 1 ) services to automatic which seems to have solved theproblem for the moment I now get the update screen and then all back to normal
Xbox Live :
Authentication Management
Networking service
Accessory Management

Hello,

Same thing for me todayā€¦
I had to perform again all settings.

Still have some issues left: I cannot have Bing map data and photogrammetry and real weather is not loading defaulting to CAVOK.

Always such a pleasure to deal with this software stabilityā€¦

Spoke too soon itā€™s back

This is unreal.

I spent the last two days reinstalling the game. I was able to play it again about 3 times. Todayā€¦ I get the same total reset of the game.

For me, it initially appears it might be triggered by uninstalling Asobo airports from the World updates. I do this so I can use my 3rd party airports that are not compatible with Asobo airports.

Once the manditory installation of the Asobo airports occurrs however, it puts me in the reset startup profile on every subsequent start of the game.

Itā€™s almost like Asobo is going to or is already forcing 3rd party developers to comply with Asobo and not have people delete their World Update airports just to use their custom products. I canā€™t argue with that endeavor, but it has made MSFS unplayable for me. I canā€™t even start the game. After each 10 minute long prompting through the reset process , the game eventually freezes on a blurred loading screen with ā€œ/ā€ as the screen title. AND Iā€™m not going to reinstall and/or reset the game every time I want to play this game.

Itā€™s almost like my account or profile is being attacked. Nevertheless, it is no longer worth my time to troubleshoot this GAME.

MSFS is the best thing ever, but only if you can or are not blocked from actually playing it. Unfortunately for me, it appears that I am now ā€œblockedā€.

Iā€™m going to do one last attempt to log into the game after the Development Update today (which is totally unrelated to the game itself) - before uninstalling MSFS. I enjoyed MSFS while I could. Maybe Iā€™ll have better longevity luck with 2024.

Mine keeps looping through the required installation required. then goes to a blank blue screen. Will submit a ticket. ???

I have the same issue. It started last night.

Ok a temporary solution while we find out vthe real reason
When I first start FS I get the reset your settings screen
Ctrl Alt Del stop the task flightsimulater
Restart your computer
Restart FS in normal mode and usually thats the problem finished for the day
This works for me in any case

The game usually works for me on Thursday mornings. Today was no exception. Once I log on and buy something from the Marketplace, I start having problems again. This seems like a ridiculous correlation, but the games miricle behavior for me on Thurdays is too consistant. Next week, Iā€™m not going to buy anything to see if the game continues to work until I buy something from the Marketplace.

This morning all is back to normal ?? who did what ??
Anyway all is well that ends well

Same problem here, itā€™s really annoying.

This is a known issue and a topic is covering it, hope it will help:

1 Like

This is a known issue and a topic is covering it, hope it will help:

Much appreciated, Thank you.

1 Like