State of Aerosoft CRJ

I noticed the same. At some point one of the updates linked those lights back to the the switches on my alpha yoke which was not previously linked. Once unlinked, I could see the lights from the cockpit again.

Ah, but that could be! I only made a separate profile for the 2 radiant airliners in the ā€œBravo Homeycombā€. Iā€™ll have to try that right away and throw out all the bindings for the lights - I only want to operate them via the cockpit in future anyway.

Good tip :slight_smile: :+1:

Right. Thanks! Then Iā€™ll keep flying my DC-6 which supports this :slight_smile:

Thank you, your post has put me on the right track - taxi & landing lights are back in place :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone, have been eyeing this aircraft for a while on the marketplace and am interested in eventually purchasing it (it looks beautiful and is highly rated). Obviously the price is a deterrent (but I can see that it looks like an excellent piece of software). My question is, for a simmer who wants to simply ā€œflyā€ the aircraft - do you think itā€™s worth the price?

Unfortunately, I donā€™t often have much time to Sim and therefore donā€™t want to spend 30 minutes programming the FMS before each flight. I want to load a flight plan from Simbrief, pushback, fly, land and repeat. What are your thoughts? Or should I steer clear from this aircraft and get some of the other cheaper aircraft?

Have you tried the CJ4 mod? The VNAV and throttle handling is similar to the CRJ. Iā€™ve flown both and to be honest, I like the FMS/PFD/VNAV even more in the CJ4.
Also, if you want to be in the air asap, the CJ4 is tempting. Simple startup procedures, but still complex enough to keep you engaged in flight.

1 Like

Are the ILS capture issues now sorted out. I mean I fly all the add-ons ā€œStudy Levelā€ is X-Plane and thankfully I can now say MSFS as well, but the CRJ I just cant trust its ILS capture in low vis. So often it just overshoots / Does not capture / flys off in a direction as if it has its own mind. Yes I have set the ILS Freq/ CRS although it does it by itself, I have done it Auto and manual and I still often get issue, plus the power response seems to lag.

For me, the FMC of the CRJ works quite flawless for many months now. ILS capture happens each and every time.

Just make sure you donā€™t overtask the system with big heading changes to intercept final. If this is what the SimBrief flight plan (or the CRJ Nav display) show, I switch to Heading mode and vector myself into a position where I can be sure the CRJ will capture localizer and GP for sure. That works like a charmā€¦

2 Likes

It appears very dependant on airspeed for ILS capture, come in too slow with APPR mode and it will pitch up, slow down further and youā€™ll never intercept/hold glideslope and find yourself throttling up trying to escape a stall. Come in with enough airspeed and at a reasonable angle to intercept it and it should capture ILS. Having said that there are some approaches Iā€™ve found issue with, not sure why.

Of course. Nothing wrong with the plane at all. Planes donā€™t cause CTDs. If they did, everyone would report them.

Yes I did and itā€™s a common misperception with a lot of people that somehow an aircraft addon is responsible for their CTDs. And somehow itā€™s always a different aircraft. For one person itā€™s the CRJ, for another itā€™s the Fenix, for another itā€™s the Concorde.

Itā€™s simple logic, if the aircraft were responsible then there would be hundreds or thousands of reports of this. Iā€™m trying to help you by suggesting you look at other possible causes.

Unless of course you have proof that the CRJ is responsible. Like with actual crash logs that show it. In that case, you should forward those logs to the developer.

So on this weeks MS FS dev snapshot announcement, the CRJ550/700/900/1000 seems to have had an update. BUT so far itā€™s just the store version that has as Aerosoft One just shows 1.0.15.0 (old) version as available.

On a side note Aerosoft issued some updates yesterday, listed on their front page, airports mainly, in my case EBBR mega airport yet are no update is available in ā€˜updatesā€™ section yet.

The update was already available in the Content Manager 1.0.1.7

Sorry I donā€™t follow. There is a specific note of ā€˜updated on PCā€™ in the dev update email. My CRJ isnā€™t from the in game marketplace, but I was wondering why it had an update on the in game store version.

Well, then I guess other outlets havenā€™t uploaded the update yet :wink:

I didnā€™t look too closely, but itā€™s about 300-400 mb for the 550/700 and about 380 mb for the 900/1000.

ā€œOther outletsā€ being Aerosofts own updater. :man_shrugging:

Orbx Central shows 1.0.15.0

Aerosoft:

• Aktuelle Version: 1.0.17.0 :wink:

CRJ-900
Oh dear, with the update the ATC no longer works at all. Radio messages are only partially played back or not at allā€¦If the AI takes over the ATC, the AI is not played back at allā€¦
Well, once again someone has tested the patch very well :wink:

Maybe try a complete removal/reinstall of CRJ.
I havenā€™t downloaded it yet, but the update is showing up in Aerosoft One now at least.