State of Aerosoft CRJ

Having come from more advanced airliners (like the PMDG 737), I found the CRJ quite difficult to master because the lack of autothrottle. However, it’s surprisingly complex for a regional airliner, but not quite at the level of the 737 or A320. I think it would be a good step up from the CJ4.

And sooner or later the CRJ will get my cockpit overhaul :wink: slight and realistic wear and tear for the smaller and longer in use variants from 1991 but of course without looking like a disgusting pig-barn.
Here is a sneak-peek:

4 Likes

Nice, looking forward to it :slight_smile:
Theres already such a mod out there, that looks very nice, but maybe a bit too exaggerated. Its on the aerosoft community site for download.

1 Like

The nose gear now turns when using toolbar pushback. All I ever wanted :grin:

Hmmmm… a cockpit that makes the plane looks like it has lost airworthiness in 1993? With rust inside a cockpit?
No, this is maybe too exaggerated. :smiley:

Plus the bump map file of the main cockpit texture files must not be modified, otherwise some textures become overly shiny like the side panels, the middle pedestal and the footrests - and this has clearly been done with this interior:

No I am going to make a better one.

3 Likes

I’m using that mod. I like it compared to the stock version. Maybe a bit too heavy in a few areas but it definately looks like a jet that is flying 4-5 legs/day, every day. One really neat touch is the Holiday Inn pen. Just need a Starbucks cup present.

1 Like

…can you also remove the word-not-allowed easter-egg pic from the spy-cam apparatus? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Glad to see that I’m not the only person who is annoyed by that!

I see the CRJ got an update today (in the Aerosoft store). Does anyone know which Aerosoft version the MSFS Store version is related to? Especially regarding the ATC issues.

I have waited to download the update in MSFS Store because of those issues, but it says the update is the 1.0.16 version in MSFS content manager. A version that doesn’t even exist on the Aerosoft store website (they have 1.0.15, 1.0.17 and todays fix is 1.0.18).

• Fixed an issue with ATC voice output

• Reworked Audio Panel COM receive and transmit logic

It is updated on aerosoft, 3rd party stores and Marketplace simultanously. So, they all are 1.0.18. Only some 3rd party vendors might take a bit till they update the downloaders.

That should be no problem because it´s only a texture. Do you mean the picture of that guy from the Aerosoft team and insert some Google Image Search picture from inside the CRJ cabin?

1 Like

I see there was a marketplace-update for the CRJ yesterday, but nothing new so far on Aerosoft, no changelog or info.

Can someone check the current version-number of the CRJ in the marketplace now please?

The Version history is on both the Aerosoft One installer, and on their website. Just click on ‘Version History’ on their webpage.

i know, i did already, but there wasnt an update, only on the marketplace.

But Aerosoft confirmed meanwhile it was a hotfix that was already released for non-marketplace customers. So, we got this update already.

ah yes. Marketplace updates can normally run a bit behind.

yeah, but aerosoft/Asobo have an agreement on the CRJ, to release updates simultaneusly. Thats why it got me confused, as we non-marketplace buyers didnt get one.

But Mathijis confirmed now that such small hotfixes will release as soon as ready to non-marketplace customers and shortly after on the marketplace. So, we are all in-line now again. :slight_smile:

After almost two long months of not being able to play msfs due to moving to the other side of the world…

Finally was able to return…
Have to say… after being spoiled by choice (after not having a choice) with so many different aircraft that were on offer before I left…

It had been a very long time since I last flew this bird… After having a spin with the 737 and the A32nx I decided to see what all the fuss was about and got the CRJ out…
Wow surprised that it didn’t take long to remember how to start her up… and with the airbus joystick/throttle… my experience was incredible!!

Have to say that the A32nx is like the ultimate fluffy cuddly teddy bear, the 737-700 is slightly less of a cuddly teddy bear with plastic parts that could cause a choking hazard to under 5…
The CRJ…
Thats like one of those massive steel tonka truck that i used to have, same one that my mate pushed backwards really hard to me and the tipper went straight into my shins and drew blood…
But treat her with respect and she will look after you…
Really watch that speed and come in faster than normal for a successful ILS approach and you will have no issues whatsoever…

4 Likes

The simplicity of the CRJ is amazing, especially when compared to the archaic systems of the 737. I do like flying this one, despite the horrid support from Aerosoft.

1 Like

How can you not love this beauty? So much character and looks :slight_smile:

2 Likes