Steam - CTD on Startup (after splash screen)

Yes but that means the issue is coming back, MSFS doesn’t launch anymore until I re-delete the cloud file… At Steam startup,there’s a prompt message regarding a conflict between 2 save files, it asks whether to transfer the computer-one to the cloud, or to import the one which is already in the Cloud

yes… exactly this “question from Steam” I have in mind what happens in this cases ( had this in another game). Then you can choose that you would use you local files ( pc → cloud ).

The issue is not Steam or the sync. The issue must be a game-setting which value is in “Default” another one and not cause the issue.

EDIT: you can also former download the files from the cloud to your pc, as an backup and possible for analysing … with bit luck, your logbook can be saved :wink:

oh yeah thanks for the suggestion, I’lldownload cloud files just in case and then clear the cloud, so i’m starting from scratch.

EDIT : So now, with a fresh Steam cloud, MSFS starts normally without having to delete the user settings folder or uncheck the steam cloud in game properties. i’ll add my files one by one to see whiwh one was maybe corrupted

1 Like

Thanks to your suggestion I’ve tinkered around with the cloud data. You can copy the logbook and the inputprofiles to your local storage and get them back, so you don’t have recreate your input settings and also get you logbook back :smiley:
The troublemaker is the “profile_00” file, if you try to restore that file you can’t get past the intro videos.
Maybe Asobo have to look into this, because it seems to be a binary file and I can’t do anything with it…

was also my suspection… other files are device-settings and the data-limit-stuff ( possible steam users have in this way also a workaround for the data-limiter issue :slight_smile: )

yeah… it must mentioned within the ZenDesk Ticket … @Smwrf can you do that ? :slight_smile:

It might be interessting which setting cause the issue…

Wow thanks, you did all the investigation work, I was going to do some tests :smiley:

yeah… it must mentioned within the ZenDesk Ticket … @Smwrf can you do that ? :slight_smile:

No worries, I’ll do a full resume of the situation in my Zendesk ticket

2 Likes

Great! I hope Asobo gets back to you with some insight. With some luck, they have a solution and we can restore our profile data :slight_smile:

I’ll keep this thread updated if someone answers me in Zendesk. Crossing fingers ! I’ll make sure to take a look on the forum sometimes, because I think it can happen to anyone on Steam version, and the troubleshooting has nothing to do with the usals that we can find on this forum.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.