Black Square Steam Gauge Overhaul - Cessna 208B Caravan

Hi @Taipan303 ,
There is a way to isolate HECA in your example as follows:
In the Content Manager click on the symbol with the three vertical dots and three vertical dashes just to the left of the words SORT BY and you will be able to type HECA in the line on top. This will give you a list of everything with HECA. See screenshot.
Hope this helps.

To any censor/moderator: Since this really is not part of this thread, please feel free to move it or create a separate thread.

3 Likes

Hi again,
I finally got the radar on the analog Caravan to work.
Turned out that I had overlooked a mod in my Community folder for the analog C-208, which caused the interference. After removing the ZZ JD C208B Analog - 07 Improvement MOD 0.1.1.27.13 Release, the problem was solved.

2 Likes

saw kodiak had his floater update, does anyone have some “fresh” news about caravan amphibious projects ?

We’re still on track to release the King Air today, within the next hour or so we hope. I’ll not post the announcement in here to try and avoid confusion between the two aircraft. Hopefully a new thread will be born shortly after release where all things Steam Gauge Overhaul - Analog King Air can be discussed.

Thanks

4 Likes

In the Caravan manual it says that “Beta range not properly gated or simulated”. However I’m using it on most landings, and it significantly reduces the landing distance. So it seems to be working?

Excellent. I’ll grab it the minute it’s out!

Someone already created this one: Black Square Steam Gauge Overhaul - King Air 350i

But I kind of wish a rep of Black Square had created it to give it a more official feel

1 Like

Hi @CptPiett8113 ,

How did you map the Beta range on your throttle for the Caravan?
I am using a Honeycomb Bravo and would be interested to implement a Beta range for my turboprops.
Many thanks in advance!

At the time I just reduced throttle to beta range using “decrease throttle”, then idle to come out of beta.

In the real aircraft, moving the power lever back below idle has two seperate affects.

The first is to directly control the propeller pitch, reducing it below the forward fine pitch stop position and into a negative pitch position, passing from forward thrust, through zero thrust, to eventually producing reverse thrust. Again, in this portion of power lever movement, you are directly controlling the propeller blade angle only. The engine remains at idle.

Once the maximum negative pitch has been achieved, any further reduction of the power lever only increases fuel flow, and hence Ng%, further increasing reverse thrust by increasing the engine power output.

The net result of both of these functions, is that the further behind the idle gate one pulls the power lever, the greater the stopping forces generated.

Whilst moving the power lever below idle in MSFS still has a noticeable affect, the MSFS simulation of this is greatly simplified, hence the statement in the manual.

2 Likes

Got it. Thanks for the elaborate explanation.

This is a generous interpretation and the question is: Is MS/Asobo going to rectify it?

1 Like

Kingair just released now.

4 Likes

Doez anyone gave a Spad or Axes and Ohs profile for either of these aircraft … for the Honeycomb yoke and throttle quadrant.

Thnx.

I have this instrumentutils.exe problem too and i was hoping 1.0.3 update would fix this, but no. Any idea how to fix this ? I dont want to buy king air before this is fixed because I’m afraid that same problem is with king air too.

a devs spoke me about this old behavior
best way is to fully uninstall the plane from Windows control panel and re perform installation, it s some file not being fully replaced during the update :wink: should fix your issue,

Looking forward to know if that fixed the error

his original words
“that really shouldn’t be able to happen. The visibility for those two warning messages is statically set to zero. This has to be an installation problem where a file was not correctly overwritten. I suggest that they uninstall the Caravan completely from the Windows Control Panel, and then give it a fresh reinstall.”

1 Like

I did that, uninstalled from win control panel and re installed and not working…

“not working”
mean u still got same message, or the weather radar remain off ?
do you have any JD mod installed ?

GTN Gauges (TDS or PMS) not installing. Effectively DOA. This is my experience and what Avsim is reporting

The Bravo throttle really only has a button below the detent rather than an axis. So, if you want more control of the throttle movement below the gate use the power lever with the go around button or the Boeing lever and set the button to “toggle reverse thrust”. Then you can move the lever forward to increase/decrease reverse thrust and push to button to go back to positive.
The same method can be used on the Twin Otter, DC-6, Porter and other aircraft with reverse thrust.

1 Like

I have changed the topic title. You can discuss the King Air in a separate thread.

5 Likes